Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this may sound stupid but i just purchased an hks ssqv and im not sure on how to adjust it. From what i have read from searching there is a adjusting screw on the back of the bov well on mine there isnt. Maybe there is a different way of doing it and i just dont know cause the instructions that came with it are in japanese and of course i cant read it. My buddy said that he has seen hundreds of these bov and ever one of them had an adjusting screw on the back. So is there something im missing here? Is there another way of adjusting this? Thanks in advance.

Dustin

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,086 Posts
..new SSQV's don't have the adjustable screw in the back.

To keep stooges like you from messin with them. :D

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks Brent. So theres no adjusting them huh. If so then that sucks cause its surging.

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,086 Posts
Are you positive you're getting enough vacuum? Or a strong enough vacuum source?

Filter clogged on the vac line that comes with the valve?

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tee'd into the vac source to the afpr and that goes to the side port on the manifold. This filter you are talking bout is this the little black thing with a circle in the middle of it. When i have the car running and i unplug the line to the bov it seems like it is getting good vac.

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,086 Posts
Some are black, some are clear... but when dirty the restrict the amount of air that can move through it obviously.

I'd try hooking up the vacuum line to the stock bypass valve vac. source and see if it improves.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where can i locate that at? I have never had a stock bypass valve on the car so i dont know.

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,086 Posts
iirc it's between the 3rd and 4th lower plenum in the intake manifold, you'll see the metal bracket and tube.

If you don't know where it is, then there's potential it's open? (vacuum leak)

Unless it's been plugged?

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any other suggestions? Maybe its where i have it mounted but i have read that other people have mounted theres their with success. Kinda messed up how they make them so you cant adjust them anymore.

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
it shouldnt need adjustment. Thats why they took it off. Too many people dicking them up thinking they know how to adjust it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts