Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used HKS ssq off ebay for a great price 125, with foot long pipe already welded to it. This is what I think. I am not a big fan of the whistle sound that the current SSq makes, it draws way too much attention. the one I bought, doesnt have anything infront of the exit port, so thier is no whistle. The internals are exactly the same as the current SSQ, but this one is way cheaper. overall I do like it, and here are some pictures of it, from the seller of the product (japandy)

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
These arnt pics of mine, this is another one he is selling.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
one last pic. just to reitterate, these pics were not taken by me, Japandy took them

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
I don't think there is anything "JDM" about that BOV. It just looks like the old-ass unit HKS used to sell here in the states circa 96-98. I remember because we installed a twin-BOV kit on a Z32, and they looked just like that one pictured.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
THATS THE OLD HKS ss bov i have one in my stealth

125 was not a great deal for such an old item if its in that condition .

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
Ranger498 said:
125 was not a great deal for such an old item if its in that condition
:urowned:

·
Registered
639 Posts
'Japandy' is notorious for selling stuff badged JDM on Ebay only for it to be the exact same product that is sold here in the states.. I guess it just comes from Japan which is supposed to make it more special or something... From time to time, he will come up with stuff that is JDM only but nothing Takakaira does not sell...

Just my .02...

·
Registered
310 Posts
I don't know if you bought this already or not but one of the other significant differences between the old one and the new is the old one had a plastic body and the new one has a metal body.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actualy guys. that one isnt mine, mine is in way better condition. it is a metal body, and everything. I have taken apart both designs. and they are exactly the same. :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts