Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now my cousin is deciding to put the turbo mentioned in his R34. I just want to ask with this turbo alone and a 100 wet shot of nos, can 1000 crank shaft HP be achieved. I'm a newbie regarding forced induction so I'm asking you gurus here.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
The T51-R SPL is capable of producing 1000hp without NitrousOxide. The T51-R KAI which is the same turbocharger, same compressor housing with a smaller compressor wheel is capable of 800hp. But just because the turbocharger can, doesn't mean the engine will. To achieve that much power in any automotive engine, will require internal strengthening, increased flow, etc...

-Sensei;)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx alot. I'm sure his engine will be able to handle it coz he's already modded the hell out of it. Right now it's using a t-78 turbo from Trust and the reason he wants to change to the SPL is because he doesn't really like his t-78. He's always biased towards HKS.

Anyway thanx alot.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Miura said:
Thanx alot. I'm sure his engine will be able to handle it coz he's already modded the hell out of it. Right now it's using a t-78 turbo from Trust and the reason he wants to change to the SPL is because he doesn't really like his t-78. He's always biased towards HKS.

Anyway thanx alot.
Can you be a little more specific. What complaints does he have with the T78? How much difference in lag are we looking at regarding these two turbos? Just curious, I am mostly sold on the T78 kit but I also love HKS"s quality ( manifold, wastegate ). :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really don't know much but as far as I know he's simply more into the HKS turbo. Also the HKS turbo will be significantly laggier than the t78.

·
42mpg @ 16k RPM
221 Posts
Bryce Danna had one of those turbos.. you ought to email him about questions regarding it. I don't know if he still has that car though. I think it was for sale at one point? It made mean HP.. 874rwhp, I believe. Gawd, those things must be mean. And that is going to be a fearsome R34 once he gets done with that installation.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2JZGTE4LIFE said:
Bryce Danna had one of those turbos.. you ought to email him about questions regarding it. I don't know if he still has that car though. I think it was for sale at one point? It made mean HP.. 874rwhp, I believe. Gawd, those things must be mean. And that is going to be a fearsome R34 once he gets done with that installation.
I should think so. His car is already one helluva awesome ride. I think he last dynoed his r34 with t-78 and it made 760 rwhp. He's gunning for a much higher target now. He's a mad fool. He just paid 7 K for a stroker kit which improves the displacement to 2.7 litres (100 cc more).

He's from Hong Kong btw.

T

·
0 Posts
2JZGTE4LIFE said:

Bryce didnt have a SPL.

The SPL flows enough for 1000rwhp without nitrous, Bryce was spraying.

N

·
0 Posts
TT In NYC said:

Bryce didnt have a SPL.

The SPL flows enough for 1000rwhp without nitrous, Bryce was spraying.
Tony?

you are right.... Bryce had the KAI and he was spraying. Bryce's car is sold, I dont knwo to who though.

take care,
nils

N

·
0 Posts
suprattnsa said:
Can you be a little more specific. What complaints does he have with the T78? How much difference in lag are we looking at regarding these two turbos? Just curious, I am mostly sold on the T78 kit but I also love HKS"s quality ( manifold, wastegate ). :D
The t51r (KAI or SPL version) is way bigger than the t78.... more top end & more lag, there is really no comparison.

take care,
nils

·
42mpg @ 16k RPM
221 Posts
I should think so. His car is already one helluva awesome ride. I think he last dynoed his r34 with t-78 and it made 760 rwhp. He's gunning for a much higher target now. He's a mad fool. He just paid 7 K for a stroker kit which improves the displacement to 2.7 litres (100 cc more).
Good God! He has a Skyline GT-R now? He doesn't post much on the MKIV.com mailing list much anymore I don't think. I haven't seen him post in a while. I wonder where he's at, or if he's just too busy building a beast R34. :p Wonder how much he paid for that baby. Sucks to see someone go from a Supra to a Skyline though :( What company makes the stroker kits for the Skyline? JUN? Crower? I've heard horror stories about Crower though. I've never heard of anyone using a stroker kit, due to the expenses and all. You can get an extra 100rwhp out of an 800rwhp car w/ the JUN's 3.2? 3.3? liter stroker kit I believe. (According to SupraStore, Tozer's site.) But Lord, I would expect nothing less out of Bryce. He's a madman, you said it best. Gotta love what he does to his cars though. That is phuckin awesome. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
42mpg @ 16k RPM
221 Posts
Bryce didnt have a SPL.
you are right.... Bryce had the KAI and he was spraying

Okay, now I am confused. I am reading everywhere that he had the SPL.

http://www.vache.org/supra/turbos.htm#SP74
T51R SPL dyno 874 rwhp (uncorrected) by Bryce D. 1.0 A/R (120 shot, 264 cams, HKS GT fmic, p&p head, Crower billet rods, JE Al pistons) - Bryce's setup at to4r.com

http://www.to4r.com/members/brycedanna.html

^ you should be ashamed nils ;)

So anyway, I am still confused? Is it the KAI or the SPL?
Miura, what kind of power does the SPL make on the Skyline compared to the Supra?

N

·
0 Posts
2JZGTE4LIFE said:

Okay, now I am confused. I am reading everywhere that he had the SPL.

http://www.vache.org/supra/turbos.htm#SP74
T51R SPL dyno 874 rwhp (uncorrected) by Bryce D. 1.0 A/R (120 shot, 264 cams, HKS GT fmic, p&p head, Crower billet rods, JE Al pistons) - Bryce's setup at to4r.com

http://www.to4r.com/members/brycedanna.html

^ you should be ashamed nils ;)

So anyway, I am still confused? Is it the KAI or the SPL?
Miura, what kind of power does the SPL make on the Skyline compared to the Supra?
..lol... I am ashamed.. I could have sworn to god that Bryce had a KAI but I guess he had a SPL since the writing on to4r.com came from his hands.

SPL it was.

take care,
nils

·
Registered
111 Posts
I always thought that Bryce had the KAI version in his car first, then he sold the KAI and bought an SPL. I am not sure if the turbo change was after his article in Turbo or when he dynoed the 874whp. And I don't think he is going with a GT-R, I think you are just getting confused btw two people they are talking about, Bryce and some Skyline owner. Bryce I believe is going with bikes and a WRX now.

-amir

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
2JZGTE4LIFE said:

Good God! He has a Skyline GT-R now? He doesn't post much on the MKIV.com mailing list much anymore I don't think. I haven't seen him post in a while. I wonder where he's at, or if he's just too busy building a beast R34. :p Wonder how much he paid for that baby. Sucks to see someone go from a Supra to a Skyline though :( What company makes the stroker kits for the Skyline? JUN? Crower? I've heard horror stories about Crower though. I've never heard of anyone using a stroker kit, due to the expenses and all. You can get an extra 100rwhp out of an 800rwhp car w/ the JUN's 3.2? 3.3? liter stroker kit I believe. (According to SupraStore, Tozer's site.) But Lord, I would expect nothing less out of Bryce. He's a madman, you said it best. Gotta love what he does to his cars though. That is phuckin awesome. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I think you are a little confused here. I wasn't talking about bryce but my cousin.

S

·
0 Posts
this is what i was told.. Bryce had the T51r-kai. He had that on his dyno with the nos. Supposofly, this is not fully known, but he blew the original unbuilt motor sending pieces into the turbine wheel and blowing his t51r kai therefore replaceing it with the SPL.

Mark

·
Registered
480 Posts
T51R kai

I have the t51r kai in my supra and i am very pleased with it .
A respectable 813 rwhp @ 26psi and a 100shot nos on a automatic with a slipping convertor and a stock motor.
I wouldn't recommend going with a SPL unless your motor and head are completely fortified.
And yes you will make well over 900 rwhp without nos.
It also depends on how much boost you plan to run ,
I'm pretty sure with 37psi on a KAI you will make over 900 rwhp.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts