Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some photo's of my progress so far. Parked the car for the winter in my shop and removed some little stuff and the turbo. Test fitted the new HKS T04e on there, fits like a glove :) Off to get ceramic coated sometime next week - along with alot of other parts (powdercoated). I'll finish polishing up the compressor housing sometime this weekend when I have some free time. Turbo doesn't look all that big just sitting there - but once mounted on the car - it turns into a beast ;)

Notes
* Power steering rez will be moved in order to see the turbo better :)
* Hotside is .69, Compressor is .50, and Its a 55Trim P wheel.
* More pictures can be found at http://bkriz.mkiiisupra.com/images/Nov HKSTO4/

BK

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure chuck - My setup will be similar to Trent's , but he has a .60/.69 T04. I think my higher compression (lowering it again this winter..but it will still be a little higher than a GTE), 2JZ intake manifold, and HKS Exhaust manifold will make up the difference to put me over the 400 RWHP mark. It better! Heh - 290 RWHP on a stock CT w/ Stock IC at 11-12PSI, thats only around 100~ RWHP i need, and i've added a T04 kit, big IC, 2JZ intake manifold, walbro fuel pump, MAPecu, and various little things.

·
Super Moderator
10,239 Posts
Holy sick NA-T batman!

Awesome stuff, keep us posted. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Compared to the T61 - perhaps :p Not going for big lag/big numbers..plus i have it big where it counts ;)

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Nice work. I've been following this for awhile and what you've done is impressive. Good luck with your goals and keep up the good work.

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,095 Posts
Awesome!

Take the liberty to clean up the manifold and what not... make it clean and dark. :D

Let us know how she runs.

·
Can't touch this!
1,404 Posts
Hey Bryson!

Hope my turbo looks okay after all the times it's blown through the hood! Remeber to bolt the turbo down this time! j/k

Can't wait to see it in person! You'll have to have me over for a beer this week so I can pick up my turbo!

I'll catch yah on MSN tommorow.

Impressive as usual! Keep up the great work!

Later

Jason

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jason - Yep, your turbo is in the exact same shape as it was when you gave it to me. Sitting in the shop now, and i'll take it back to Calgary with me on Wed.
Did you have a special source for all your powdercoating? (maybe even ceramic coating?)

BK

·
Can't touch this!
1,404 Posts
I would say go to Top Gun Coatings. They are supposedly the only ones that do ceramic coating and they do very good work. The only down side is they take a friggin year to do stuff and they make up excuses to why your stuff isn't done yet. They will tell you over the phone that they can have it done in say a week but I would plan for triple the wait time. My friends Dad know's a powdercoater that I may get my rims done through but they are giving me a special favor so I'm not sure if I could hook yah up? I will check for yah! The only downside would be that you would have to leave the stuff with him and then when he has the extra time he will do it but he will do it for cheaper.

Looks like Garth is gettin in on the action to as he has some sort of TOP SECRET thing goin on at his house!

Looks like we'll have to do some snoopin around at Garth's house to see what's up!

Anyways yeah just give me a shout when I can come pick up the turbo!

Later

Jason

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nope..scratched factory paint. And yes garth does have something up, and i think i know what it is. He's one crazy mofo who's going to turn homo once his engine blows through his hood ;)

·
Minor Threat
391 Posts
Hey, that looks familiar...

Nice job, Brysta. I've got the same setup. Keep us posted on the numbers you lay down. Hope the rest of the install goes smoothly....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts