Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was just wondering if an HKS T51R SPL ball bearing turbo will work on a JDM 2JZ-GTE.

I am putting together ideas for an upcoming project, and this is something I wasn't sure about. Obviously the T51R works on USDM 2jz's, but i was just wondering about the JDM motor. also this might be a stupid question because HKS is a Japanese manufacturer after all.

Also I did use the 'search' function, and tried google to no avail.

PS: This is my first post, I have been lurking for about a year, and made an account just so I could use the search function lol.

Thanks

· Registered
2,430 Posts
not to thread jack but........

well i just looked the turbo up and its a bit out of my price range. im looking for something about $1500 at the most and can produce 450-500whp at about 18psi for my na-t project. what is a good turbo to do so? i was looking at the triple ball bearing turbo from comp in the 67mm range. what do you guys think.

· SONICSUPRA IS BACK!!
1,367 Posts
not to thread jack but........

well i just looked the turbo up and its a bit out of my price range. im looking for something about $1500 at the most and can produce 450-500whp at about 18psi for my na-t project. what is a good turbo to do so? i was looking at the triple ball bearing turbo from comp in the 67mm range. what do you guys think.
depends how much power you want to make at the end, if you want to make 450-500 rwhp max i would get something like a 61mm

· Registered
11 Posts
The 61mm should do you fine and I have seen lots of reliable applications using this turbo configuration. The 67mm-style turbine would give you more flexibility should you wish to gain higher power figures in the future so it may be best that you go for that unit from the outset.

Just for reference but the HKS T51 Kai BB unit should spool failry quickly and is no slouch on spool-up but it sounds a bit too beefy for you application.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.