Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Trusted Supra Geeks. My build is a decent but not over the top 700-800 through a 6766 turbo kit. The ti carbon HKS has been an exhaust that I have always been interested in since forever with no regard for proper pressure and whatnot. I was always like, I am gonna get that when I build my first supra. So.....My question is do you think I can get away and be happy with the Ti Carbon 3.75" (i think) or do you think I need a true 4" from ETS to be happy at 700-800rwhp

You guys are the Best!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I’m making 750 whp with a 4inch dp and mp and a hks carbon ti. I do not have any flow issues. I say go for it

·
Super Moderator
10,705 Posts
I have an HKS Carbon Ti on Eau Rouge. Made 730 whp on E-85 at 24-25 psi with a 6766 CEA DBB turbo (1.0 back housing). The Carbon Ti, if it's the 95 mm version, is more than enough exhaust to meet your power goals.

Ken.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks man.
I have an HKS Carbon Ti on Eau Rouge. Made 730 whp on E-85 at 24-25 psi with a 6766 CEA DBB turbo (1.0 back housing). The Carbon Ti, if it's the 95 mm version, is more than enough exhaust to meet your power goals.

Ken.
Hello Ken Thank you.....Does anyone just sell the 95mm standalone muffler then I need to step up to 4" Main. Do you know how I accomplish this? Do you just get the entire main kit, then when you outgrow you change to a 4"?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I had my fabricator do a nice smooth merge where the carbon ti cat back met the 4 inch mid pipe.

·
Super Moderator
10,705 Posts
Thanks man.

Hello Ken Thank you.....Does anyone just sell the 95mm standalone muffler then I need to step up to 4" Main. Do you know how I accomplish this? Do you just get the entire main kit, then when you outgrow you change to a 4"?
If I am understanding your post correctly, HKS sells a Carbon Ti standalone muffler, but it only mentions a 75 mm inlet: Our Products | HKS High Performance Auto Parts You might want to contact them directly to see if they have a 95 mm version. Absent that, you may want to just purchase the 95 mm Carbon Ti exhaust and do as others have suggested....have your fabricator or local muffler shop fabricate the merge piping you need.

Ken.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If I am understanding your post correctly, HKS sells a Carbon Ti standalone muffler, but it only mentions a 75 mm inlet: Our Products | HKS High Performance Auto Parts You might want to contact them directly to see if they have a 95 mm version. Absent that, you may want to just purchase the 95 mm Carbon Ti exhaust and do as others have suggested....have your fabricator or local muffler shop fabricate the merge piping you need.

Ken.
Ken Sir!!! You are awesome thank you so much. Everything is much more clear now.

·
Super Moderator
10,705 Posts
Ken Sir!!! You are awesome thank you so much. Everything is much more clear now.
Thanks. Glad to help. Here's a pic of what your merge piping could look like. Hope it helps:

Ken.

·
From the land down under
4,536 Posts
Thanks. Glad to help. Here's a pic of what your merge piping could look like. Hope it helps:

View attachment 247847

Ken.
That is a beautiful piece of work, Ken.

What is the diameter of the inlet/outlet of the DP, please?

I am looking at getting something very similar made up for when I install my 6266 and Treadstone cast manifold, just to try and reduce the back pressure as much as possible, given the cast manifold design.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
10,705 Posts
That is a beautiful piece of work, Ken.

What is the diameter of the inlet/outlet of the DP, please?

I am looking at getting something very similar made up for when I install my 6266 and Treadstone cast manifold, just to try and reduce the back pressure as much as possible, given the cast manifold design.

Thanks.
Reith,

I have the PTE 6766h which has a 3.5-inch outlet (DP inlet). The DP outlet should be the same diameter as my HKS Carbon Ti exhaust inlet, 95 mm or 3.74-inches. Of course, the DP inlet/outlet diameters would match the diameter of your turbo outlet and exhaust inlet, whatever they might be.

Ken.

·
Boost Junkie
12,687 Posts
If you don't want to go Ken's route, there are 4 inch downpipe/midpipe kits are available for most turbo manifolds. You'll then need a 4inch v-band to 3 inch 2 bolt flange adapter to mate to the HKS Carbon Ti. This adapter is available from PHR if you want to go that route. Another option is to cut off the 3 inch 2 bolt flange that comes on the HKS exhaust and replace it with a 4 inch v-band to match your mid pipe. Most exhaust shops can do this for you.

STeve

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you don't want to go Ken's route, there are 4 inch downpipe/midpipe kits are available for most turbo manifolds. You'll then need a 4inch v-band to 3 inch 2 bolt flange adapter to mate to the HKS Carbon Ti. This adapter is available from PHR if you want to go that route. Another option is to cut off the 3 inch 2 bolt flange that comes on the HKS exhaust and replace it with a 4 inch v-band to match your mid pipe. Most exhaust shops can do this for you.

STeve
Thank you Sir!!!! All this is great info!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts