Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Will the HKS exhaust benefit a BPU Supra, or does it really only benefit APU?

Thanks.

·
Turbos and Tattoos FTW
1,981 Posts
I upgraded from greddy ti 3" to a Hks Ti due to going single at some point. I'm currently on the stock twins..i felt it pull a little more at higher rpm's

·
19x10 +21 F 19x12 +28 R
2,186 Posts
Ive heard a BPU with HKS Ti and it iwasnt too loud compared to my HKS Ti with a Big single.

·
Banned
1,984 Posts
It will flow better and slightly decrease lag.
Flow is always good for turbo cars.

·
Banned
163 Posts
dont quote me on this but i have heard of people who are BPU losing power from that big of an exhaust. sounds awesome tho if you dont car to lose 2-3rwhp

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dont quote me on this but i have heard of people who are BPU losing power from that big of an exhaust. sounds awesome tho if you dont car to lose 2-3rwhp
That's exactly what I heard as well, which is why I created the thread. I love the look and sound like most others mentioned, but the question is about the performance of it. I've heard some say it's only for APU, but wanted to confirm with others.

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
That statement is pretty much irrelevant because 1.) the I heard thing isn't very valid. 2.) 2-3rwhp is negligible. The difference can be caused by more factors than you have fingers.

I'm the type of person that doesn't like to buy the same part twice if I don't have to. I don't see the point in buying a 3" exhaust and then upgrading to a 4" later. Just do the 4" and be done with it.

I just recently switched from a GReddy SP to an HKS Titanium clone, and the butt dyno says it is worth it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts