Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new HKS Ti on the car.

Its very nice but is not quite sitting right? If I look from the back it sits to far right not in the rear bumper groove intended for the exhaust but towards the center of the car.

It only needs to be moved over to the left 1 inch ?

Any ideas? Im fitting a big downpipe soon so will that sort it or is there another way to move the rear section more easily? :hug:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mine was new and I used all the supplied hardware?

I am pretty sure I can fix it when I put on the downpipe and have a fiddle but I was wondering if there is an easy fix thats all :dunno:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was going to try that....

Or drill wider holes on the plate where the center hanger connects near the gearbox...

A little bit of movement that close to where the downpipe / cats are results in a lot of movement at the rear can level... :bigthumb:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Mine has tried to move over the last 2 years I've had it... Always been more of a brute force fix than anything else... A good bit of pressure in the direction you're looking for goes a long way in recentering.

~Nick

·
Registered
355 Posts
I had the exact same problem with my supra - but once it was up on the lift I could see where an exhaust hanger bolts to the undercarriage of the car, and is used to align the exhaust as well.. i loosened this bolt up, used a pry bar to move the canister/tip further over towards the center of the exhaust outlet in the bumper and had a buddy tighten the bolt back up.. worked like a charm!!!

-jim

·
OCC
897 Posts
I would get back under the car and loosen up the entire exh system from front to back, starting where the dp bolts up to the turbo. Gradually tighten up the bolts, and keep checking to make sure the fart can is centered within the factory cutout in the bumper.

It's worked for me every time...

sushi

1 - 11 of 11 Posts