Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been using this element air filter for a while on my old 7mgte, no problems with it.... but everytime i read about the racing trf element.... they say for race only.... b/c the element is good for maximum airflow but the does not clean the air coming in as good as the regular hks element..... i got my 1jz in now and i dont want to risk having to rebuild it b/c some stupid dirt got in my engine.... in my opinion the trf element was very clean on the inside of the element filter.... im going to buy a new one.... it seems to me that it cleaned the air coming in pretty well... who else is using this filter????

HKS TRF ELEMENT FILTER $35
HKS regular filter $15

· Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
have you guys even seen a trf filter? how can u even judge a filter you've never seen..... im my opinion the trf came out cleaner than the regular filter i used to use.... everytime i use the old filter it gets dirty really fast... i will post pics of the filter that i used in the 7m for at least 3 years

· Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Slimfast supra is almost right.... the trf element is does have the same inner as the regular element.... the trf has a very different outer layer.... the outer layer doesnt look like pores that are thicker.... the outer layer is like a fuzzy stuffed animal... try to post pics sorry...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.