Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Go All Electric
1,104 Posts
Ckanderson said:
The thought of a little bit of dust hitting the turbine blades at 120,000 RPM is sickining.....k&n BABY!
Not many people think about this due to the popularity of the product/brand name. BUT ... K&N filters are not nearly the best out there to offer ... they are among the worst. Some filter is better than no filter though.

· Go All Electric
1,104 Posts
Forgot to mention that Amsoil came out with new filters, fairly recently, that seem comparable to ITG.

· Go All Electric
1,104 Posts
AllanL said:
the best filter you can get:

Are you being serious? If so, what filter might that be?
Doesn't look like any of the best that I have heard of /seen ... BUT ... I am not saying that it isn't.

· Go All Electric
1,104 Posts
jbsupra89t said:
it looks like stock
I wouldn't know. Never seen the stock filter.

· Go All Electric
1,104 Posts
jbsupra89t said:
not being a dick i'm just saying =)
I didn't mean to imply that you were being one. I was just commenting as well.;)

· Go All Electric
1,104 Posts
SupraGuy88T said:
AKA the Poor man's FIPK. It's a stock filter box altered for better air flow.
We are talking about the filter being used that you see in that picture. We see that it is a stock box with the front cover removed.

· Go All Electric
1,104 Posts
AllanL said:
Yes its a "hi-flowed" stocker! now its been sealed so it can only suck cool air from the front, next will be some ducting to push some air in there!
That's what we thought. What kind of sealing and ducting did you do?<--- ... Just out of curiousity.

Originally posted by AllanL think of your engine like your partner... you dont want anything besides what you put in geting in it!
Right. But ... you want as much air as possible in it ... and you aren't exactly putting it in there your self. BUT ... II know what you mean.

That is why I said that the two best filters I know are ITG and Amsoil. They both filter better than stock and provide better flow than any other filter. <---The closest a filter can come to running w/o a filter ... but with the best protection. $.

· Go All Electric
1,104 Posts
SupraSport.com said:
I'd like to hear more about ITG on a Supra. Anyone? I'd like to learn more about the models and costs too.

mdcmotorsports, your PM is full or off
Make sure that you check out everything at the ITG website.
Don't forget about the filters that Amsouil has to offer. I'm telling you that they are similar. Both have excellent quality and flow.

Check out the following pic:

Quote from owner:"The Turbo is a T04 E modified by me to have better responce and flow ,The filter is a ITG filter used by Honda during their formel1 Racing (when turbos was allowed) "

Check out his full site if you want to see two awesome supras.
http://www.sounddomain.com/id/maxout_one

Best regards.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.