Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can be done short of nitrous to reduce the Lag on HkS twins. Are there other twin setup that splool quicker than the HKS's.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Well after going over this a few times we've found that:

You can get a custom HKS starter kit that includes everything for a twin kit minus the turbos then take 2540R's and make a custom twin kit. No one has done this yet but it seems promising with great numbers and little lag compared to 2835s or 2835Rs. Also if money is a porblem someone once suggested going with some garrett turbos since they are less expensive as their sister HKS turbos.. hope this helps goodluck! :D

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks :) for the reply. How rpm's do you think they will spool sooner.

·
Registered
284 Posts
wouldn't really be able to give an esimate, but with the proper tuning I'm sure you could expect a major difference. I mean no one who goes twins ever does try to make them really lag less because it defeats the purpose of the high end dyno queen twin setup. :D basically I have my notes somewhere but the 2540R's get like 640-680 on a minorly tuned mkiv. so that;s enough power with a lower spool then a single that gets equal power with more room to grow. I was told that a custom 2450R kit with proper tuning and the right stuff could out do any single on the street in the same range.. I dunno what that meant but I'm sure it could spool and power with the best of them.. I'm just waiting til either somone roles with my research or I get the proper funding and knowledge to do it on my own mkiv..

les said:
Thanks :) for the reply. How rpm's do you think they will spool sooner.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
RSA Supra said:
I'm not one for NOS either, but most people I've seen with "Big Twins" have 2 big bottles in their trunk and spray 'til about 14 psi.
Same here... NOS is something id like to add to my car just for fun, but Its DEFINATELY not something I want to RELY on for getting good times and spooling turbos.. Id much rather have a turbo/turbos that can spool up well on their own.. being NOS dependent would suck, Id be filling up bottles constantly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts