Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
gt35/40?
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looked into getting a front mount does anyone have pictures of this install? I dont plan on making any crazy horsepower down the road.... maybe 550 max with a tiny bit bigger single turbo after the twins go out...... So my question boils down to will the hks type S front mount be suffient enough or will i have to get the Type R one or another one made by a different company...... Im really into the type S right now cuz i can get it from a friend for 800 brand new

·
Registered
836 Posts
should be fine

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
RoToPoweRed said:
I dont plan on making any crazy horsepower down the road.... maybe 550 max with a tiny bit bigger single turbo after the twins go out......

heh... I remember saying that at one time...

·
Registered
904 Posts
3 row will hold up too 900 rwhp i believe,m thats the most common fmic for the supra and most people swear by it

·
Mid-life Realization!
2,530 Posts
The Type-S will work fine if you do plan not to go a large turbo in the future. I have put down 600+rwhp with my Type-S, but will run low 500's most of the time on the street.

Brad

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
For a while, I've been wondering about all of the same exact thoughts as in this thread. I'm getting really close to doing the IC mod at some point when I can....but I still have a question of curiosity that I'm not quite sure has been asked or answered:

FOR THIS GUY'S TYPE OF APPLICATION AND EXPECTATIONS (being the same as mine for my car):
If you compare a type S to the common Greddy 3-row, they will both be good choices generally speaking, correct......But if you choose the Type S over the Greddy 3row, how much hp will the car be missing out on? Or will there be a gain in HP due to the smaller/more efficient type-S (my car running at 16-17lbs, exhaust and stock twins)?

thanks

·
Registered
904 Posts
there will be most likely no differences with tha tlow of power

-Mike

·
Registered
119 Posts
mohdparts.com/supra makes 689whp @ 28psi on the stock ecu with the type s intercooler. trust me ive seen him dyno numerous high 600whp without much heat soak.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
I thought I also remember first hand reports here about the Type S contributing much less to the overheating problem associated with running a FMIC on long hard drives such as road course action.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts