Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for just the camshaft from one of these kits. HKS will only sell the complete kit. If anyone has a second hand kit or camshaft I am interested.

I am building a 3.4L stoker with the VVT head for my IS200, and the stock cam is a bit lame, but do not want to mortgage the house if I can help it to buy the cam.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you can afford a stroker; the cam is chump change!
The HKS Valcon VCam Pro kit is a lot more then chump change. If you know where to get them for chump change I am interested. To pay $2200 AUD for a camshaft is too much money even when I can afford a stroker kit.

·
4,109 Posts
Where can I find info on this kit and what it does?

·
iSketch Master!
9,045 Posts
im not familiar with VVTi at ALL, but why couldnt you just use an off the shelf HKS 272 cam for example? It seems from that bit of info posted above it (vvti head) will accept different cams, and still utilize the stock timing adjustments. Or am I way off base and you have to basically eliminate the variable timing altogether to make a normal cam work???

I doubt anyone just has this cam, and didn't use it with the setup it was intended for. Might be a wild goose chase finding one here.

Alex

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The VVT-i exhaust cam is the same as the normal 2JZ-GTE. The inlet cam is the one that is variable, and it is nothing like the non VVT-i 2JZ cam.

No one makes inlet cams for the VVT-i engine except for HKS in their Valcon kit. I am willing to buy the whole kit second hand, just to get the inlet cam.

I have a ECU that lets me control the cam so have no need for the control part of the kit. Just want a bigger cam.

·
Registered
21 Posts
lextic said:
The VVT-i exhaust cam is the same as the normal 2JZ-GTE. The inlet cam is the one that is variable, and it is nothing like the non VVT-i 2JZ cam.

No one makes inlet cams for the VVT-i engine except for HKS in their Valcon kit. I am willing to buy the whole kit second hand, just to get the inlet cam.

I have a ECU that lets me control the cam so have no need for the control part of the kit. Just want a bigger cam.
Why don't you just have one machined from billet? or even have the stock ones reground?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts