Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 87 turbo. I've just installed my HKS VPC and F-CON. I've already spend over $300 on the harnesses I needed, because the harness that was included was for an 88-92 and not my 86.5-87. Where is the ideal tap-in location for the b-map sensor? I've tried several existing vacuum ports, but nothing makes the car run right. It will either run VERY rich, or idle well but stall when you press the gas. Could the chip be bad? I really don't want to spend more money on a chip if that's not the problem. Or is it just the tap in location of the map sensor???

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hi i had the same problem make sure u have the right rom SUP009B or PRESSURE SENSOR might not be working good luck

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The chip in the VPC says SUP009, not SUP009B. I tested the pressure sensor and it checked out fine. The VPC knobs are all set to 12o'clock, but I've tried many other configs. Turning the knobs does make a slight difference though...but not enough to make it run right. Is there a difference between SUP009 and SUP009B?

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
Ditch teh Fcon, you don't need it. I've got 500+ rwhp on 2 seperate occasions with 550s, ts04, vpc, and afc. The fcon is just a big paperweight.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I swapped the map sensor for another one and it fired right up! I guess my sensor was dead. Funny, because it was still giving me the correct voltage readings. Thanks for your help!

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
Little FYI, you can not switch f-con map sensors. Reg Reimer has an artilce on what MAP sensors are conpatible with what chips.

Might look into it. The link is on www.supras.com under the SONiC site.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts