Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
7m > 2jz > 1jz
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i do know the hks vpc has been discontinued and are really hard to find.
i also know that the vpc eliminates the afm, but sense they arent made anymore what is there to take its place? or any other ways to get rid of the afm and still make 600whp?
-sean

·
7m > 2jz > 1jz
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok i have been trying to search on what everyone else in their mk3 has used to make over 500 with out the afm.
so far i have found several things. which would be the best and easiest to go with in time.
i need to learn my electronics. call me stupid but i :dunno:

-aem ems
-phr map ecu
-microtec stand alone sys. @ (centralfloridaturbo.com) - (please check it out and let me know)
-motec m820
-apexi safc

-sean

·
Registered
231 Posts
safc doesn't eliminate the afm. it seems like your just trying to reach your goal horsepower and dont really need to spend the money on a standalone. i would go with the map ecu or keep looking for the oldschool hks setup.

·
7m > 2jz > 1jz
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont know what to really use just yet, at the moment i am just trying to learn everything so when the time comes to do it all i will know what i want and or need to run a little over 600whp.
-sean

·
7m > 2jz > 1jz
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was thinking the phr map ecu, but the only guy i have seen run it was trent and he only made 518whp or something like that. can the ecu withstand and have the ability to program and run over 600whp?
-sean

·
7m > 2jz > 1jz
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
zeroOne said:
you could always go with the MAFT...

whats MAFT? and what company?
-sean

·
7m > 2jz > 1jz
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh yeah and how does maft work?
-sean

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
go on the wanted forums and get a VPC and end your headachs...then to clean the signal from the vpc..purchase a asafc......and your good to go

·
7m > 2jz > 1jz
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Boosting89 said:
go on the wanted forums and get a VPC and end your headachs...then to clean the signal from the vpc..purchase a asafc......and your good to go

i have been searching and that is way easier said than done sense they are way outa date.
and i wonder, if i found one for like a mk4, 300z tt, rx7 or anything else that is turboed or can be turboed would it work on an mk3?
-sean

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
yea any vpc head unit will work...you got to change the chip which is 60 bucks from hks..and i think the wiring harness also..but make sure you get the sensors with it...

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
the chip goes with what injectors you have..also..so you got to tell HKS..what injectors you have...i have a vpc..so i have a chip for 550 injectors

·
7m > 2jz > 1jz
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if i could find an vpc (which is very doubtful now a days) and i want to run like 660's or 720's to make 600whp is there a little chip replacement for injectors that size?

and what sensors would i be looking for, what they look like or what they do?

i know i know call me dumd but, thats why i ask to learn.
-sean

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
well what you can do...first find the vpc unit used ont he forums...but before you do so...call up hks and ask them those questions and see if they do first before you hunt for the vpc..
www.hksusa.com

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
hks only made chips for stock injectors and 550s. might be able to tune it but gonna be a mojo and a bitch to do right (read $$$$) maft (gm air flow sensor) is what will work the easiest w/ least amount of work. i dont think you will need much over 660s to hit your goal. call me later and ill fill ya in more

·
7m > 2jz > 1jz
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
mullenc525 said:
lex afm can do 600 hp.

and a search would have answered all of your questions promptly

i didnt know a lex afm would hit that much hp at the wheels.
not to mention i havent seen anyone run a lex afm with 600whp.
and i did search and all i really found was that they were for sale.
-sean

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
nic did 450rwhp with the lex and with issues....with the new setup hes going higher...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts