Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone with a HKS FCON VPRO give testimony on the 2step function?

I am curious how long it takes to build up boost, high high and configurations such as rolling 2 step (still engaged for x amount of feet after launching) on your particualr setups. Since there is no real anti-lag on the VPRO, I'd like to know how launching from a dead stop is especially on the drag strip.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Can anyone with a HKS FCON VPRO give testimony on the 2step function?

I am curious how long it takes to build up boost, high high and configurations such as rolling 2 step (still engaged for x amount of feet after launching) on your particualr setups. Since there is no real anti-lag on the VPRO, I'd like to know how launching from a dead stop is especially on the drag strip.
My V-pro uses the wheel speed and WOT for the 2 step. It is active all the time. Basically it's programed (for me) if the V-pro see's less then 10 mph and I give it WOT it will hold at 4500 rpm on the 2 step. This holds my car at about 18lbs from the hole. It also because of the speed sensor, allows the car to ride it a little out of the hole. It is instant and works great. Basically it's....
1. Sit at a stop
2. Mat the throttle
3. POP the clutch
4. Enjoy the ride:agreed:

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My V-pro uses the wheel speed and WOT for the 2 step. It is active all the time. Basically it's programed (for me) if the V-pro see's less then 10 mph and I give it WOT it will hold at 4500 rpm on the 2 step. This holds my car at about 18lbs from the hole. It also because of the speed sensor, allows the car to ride it a little out of the hole. It is instant and works great. Basically it's....
1. Sit at a stop
2. Mat the throttle
3. POP the clutch
4. Enjoy the ride:agreed:

What is your turbo setup to build 18psi at 4500tpms?

Also, how long does it take to build it there? 1-2 seconds? 3-5 seconds?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
What is your turbo setup to build 18psi at 4500tpms?

Also, how long does it take to build it there? 1-2 seconds? 3-5 seconds?
I'm using a 74 GTS at 34 lbs of boost now so I believe at 4500 rpm at 18 psi, I'm at about 450-500 hp from the "dig". I run C16 now all the time since changing out the 67 GTQ so I was able to tune for more aggresive timing so she rev's pretty quick compared to running 100 octance before. I'm sure she would rev faster if I had a Tilton compared to a RPS and stock pressure plate. Total time might only be 2-3 seconds. I can lay on it as long as I want but it's not the best for the turbo or my 4" Burns muffler. She'll throw a pretty nasty flame! :) Maybe I'll try to get a vid for you this weekend.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm using a 74 GTS at 34 lbs of boost now so I believe at 4500 rpm at 18 psi, I'm at about 450-500 hp from the "dig". I run C16 now all the time since changing out the 67 GTQ so I was able to tune for more aggresive timing so she rev's pretty quick compared to running 100 octance before. I'm sure she would rev faster if I had a Tilton compared to a RPS and stock pressure plate. Total time might only be 2-3 seconds. I can lay on it as long as I want but it's not the best for the turbo or my 4" Burns muffler. She'll throw a pretty nasty flame! :) Maybe I'll try to get a vid for you this weekend.
Cool. How can you change your timing? Do you have the latest Vpro with the Navigator or did you just have it programmed to bemore agressive on your C16 map by your tuner?? Join the club, I keep a 55 gal drum of C16 in my garage. :)

I have a PTE76GTS so we should be similiar, but I have a Tilton. ;) I'm looking to spool about 25psi out of the whole it 28" Drag slicks. So, I'm curious if 25psi can be achieved at 5500rpms.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Cool. How can you change your timing? Do you have the latest Vpro with the Navigator or did you just have it programmed to bemore agressive on your C16 map by your tuner?? Join the club, I keep a 55 gal drum of C16 in my garage. :)

I have a PTE76GTS so we should be similiar, but I have a Tilton. ;) I'm looking to spool about 25psi out of the whole it 28" Drag slicks. So, I'm curious if 25psi can be achieved at 5500rpms.
I believe the timing in the 2 step map is seperate from your standard timing in your normal tune. Yes I have the latest F-Con Vpro. I don't have the navigator. Don't really need it. I do have the HKS knock amp though which allows the V-pro to run closed loop off the wideband. I have mine set for 4500 rpm. You should rev ALOT faster with that tilton then me.:) I would PM FactorXTurbopineapple on SF's for more V-pro questions. (He's at the Time Attack this weekend with the turbo NSX though) Mike Angel at Factor X tuned mine. Their is SO much capability on this unit. I cannot believe how driveable my supra is at this power level and the better fuel economy with the knock amp. I can't see ANY other unit in my supra. :agreed: BTW I'm sure you can get 25 psi on the 2 step. You just might have to set it at a higher rpm on the step to get there. 18 lbs for me on the street is plenty. I already roast them with my BFG dr's!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, I don't doubt the VPRO is a bad MOFO. It will be installed next month. I will have the knock amps as well. THe Navigator is nice as it can allow you to trim +/- 5% on AFR or timing without the Power Write Software from what I heard.

I'm also getting the mixture controllers to adjust the 2step set at my desireable RPM launch.

I'll be patiently waiting for that video. :)

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Oh, I don't doubt the VPRO is a bad MOFO. It will be installed next month. I will have the knock amps as well. THe Navigator is nice as it can allow you to trim +/- 5% on AFR or timing without the Power Write Software from what I heard.

I'm also getting the mixture controllers to adjust the 2step set at my desireable RPM launch.

I'll be patiently waiting for that video. :)
I'm sure my neighbors will love me! I have to wash the Tacoma tomorrow. Maybe I'll pull the supra out on the street and give her a quick launch. :) From what I heard from John at HKS, that navigator is a bad unit. But with the knock amp running closed loop for me and with a conservative tune up top, I really don't need to make much changes. And I haven't got her out to the track yet. I thought of putting the switch in for multiple maps so I can run different gas (if needed) but I don't drive her that much to stray from C16 at this point.:nono: BTW who's doing the install and tune?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
To be honest not the best vid's but here you go. I drove by dana's and we had a little fun in the streets. Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
10,584 Posts
Your in good hands then. With the V-pro on your car and set up right, you will love it.

So true. Donkeypunch will think he's died and gone to heaven.

Ken.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
V-pro is a tad less than AEM right?
I'm not really sure. I guess it also depends on your set up. If you go AEM you might need the injector driver, UEGO, etc.... which could get costly. I bought the VPRO from Mike Angel at Factor X with the harness, all the sensors, and the knock amp. It was pretty much plug and play as far as installation. She started up first try and idled perfect even with my 272's. I also like that since my car is OBD2 that it will pass smog. (Wont pass the visual but they don't bother with that here.:) Just plug it in and pass) It runs like stock. No stalling or cranking it forever to get a crank signal to start up. Mike is also an awesome tuner and John at HKS is always a phonecall away if there is any questions. Great bunch of guys. I couldn't see going with a different unit.

·
Greddy T78
393 Posts
I'm not really sure. I guess it also depends on your set up. If you go AEM you might need the injector driver, UEGO, etc.... which could get costly. I bought the VPRO from Mike Angel at Factor X with the harness, all the sensors, and the knock amp. It was pretty much plug and play as far as installation. She started up first try and idled perfect even with my 272's. I also like that since my car is OBD2 that it will pass smog. (Wont pass the visual but they don't bother with that here.:) Just plug it in and pass) It runs like stock. No stalling or cranking it forever to get a crank signal to start up. Mike is also an awesome tuner and John at HKS is always a phonecall away if there is any questions. Great bunch of guys. I couldn't see going with a different unit.
Wish we had somone in sweden or close by who could map it good, but there aint...
I only got out 510 rwhp out of mine t78 setup at 21 psi....with the F-Con V Pro Gold
Going with the AEM now, but if you have a GOOD HKS dealer that can map the F-Con, then i bet its great... :)

// André

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Great vids Kerry. Thank you! How much boost were you bulidning there?
The 2 step sounded smoothe. I was expecting something a little more violent. I didn't hear any back fire, but that maybe due to the camera.

I was expecting to hear something like this. Here's a clip of a turbo G35 equipped with an HKS Vpro building 9psi of boost on the 2 -step.

http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r34/GT-Motorsports/?action=view&current=VPro2Step9psi.flv

Here's another 2 step video with a Supra. But I am not sure of the the EMS.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/ceca88cf-f4d5-423f-8484-9900014f02a2.htm

Again, I just hope the HKS VPRO can build about 25psi at 5500-5100 rpms for my drag racing needs.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Great vids Kerry. Thank you! How much boost were you bulidning there?
The 2 step sounded smoothe. I was expecting something a little more violent. I didn't hear any back fire, but that maybe due to the camera.

I was expecting to hear something like this. Here's a clip of a turbo G35 equipped with an HKS Vpro building 9psi of boost on the 2 -step.

http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r34/GT-Motorsports/?action=view&current=VPro2Step9psi.flv

Here's another 2 step video with a Supra. But I am not sure of the the EMS.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/ceca88cf-f4d5-423f-8484-9900014f02a2.htm

Again, I just hope the HKS VPRO can build about 25psi at 5500-5100 rpms for my drag racing needs.
I was leaving at about 18 lbs of boost. I think it's a combination of the 2, as far as sound. The camera wasn't the best and I don't have the 2 step set too agressive. I know you can throw some pretty nasty flames and it will pop loud as shit on the 2 step depending on the 2 step tune (timing, rev limit, fuel, etc). From what I heard the flames aren't the best for the packing in the burns muffler so I told Mike not to go too crazy. Also mine is set up more for the street not the track. As you could see the Dr's have a problem already hooking up on the streets.:) I might have to go like you with ET's and turn it up a little more. Can't wait to see what Obiwan will do with yours.

·
JDM Driver
‘95 Supra 6sp Hardtop
345 Posts
Damn Danny, you just can't help but to tease me with your V-pro. Then again, after you guys jinxed me that Thursday night (but seriously, thanks for the help :) ) with all the horrible AEM stories, maybe its time for me to get one. It's just unfortunate that Mikey's only free time is two weeks from now and I want the V-pro now. I'm getting the V-Pro, the knock amp, all the sensors and the navigator. The total, with all the parts, labor and tuning chimed in at just above 3K but I feel the benefits greatly outweigh the cost.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Damn Danny, you just can't help but to tease me with your V-pro. Then again, after you guys jinxed me that Thursday night (but seriously, thanks for the help :) ) with all the horrible AEM stories, maybe its time for me to get one. It's just unfortunate that Mikey's only free time is two weeks from now and I want the V-pro now. I'm getting the V-Pro, the knock amp, all the sensors and the navigator. The total, with all the parts, labor and tuning chimed in at just above 3K but I feel the benefits greatly outweigh the cost.
Trust me it will run alot better with the VPRO then pushing it with the AEM.:1poke:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts