Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hks2835 twins

Is it possible to put the twins on with stock fuel? Of course I intend on doing fuel and tranny but for now could I run them with a low boost setting? Just anxious to get started any help is greatly appreciated! I am already bpu++

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I would not put them on stock fuel. By the time they get spooled, you're not making enough HP (limited by fuel) at low boost like the to warrant twins. I say either wait for the fuel $$$ or save your $$$ and just get a nice single. You can get singles that spool faster than twins and make the same amount of power. I still don't see the greatness of twins. I realize that if you run them sequentially it's more streetable, but I didn't think people did this with this kit?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I dont know of anyone that is running an aftermarket twin kit in sequential mode.

Rob @ RPS is making an aftermarket twin kit that is supposed to be sequential, but i havent heard any news about it, or if its near completion.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I did go single (I still for some unexplainable reason want twins)
What kit would you advise for under $15,000, keep in mind I like to drive it to shows and cruise!

·
Got Juice?
468 Posts
Telebeast,

Get the damn twins. I just bought a PHR Stage 2+ because I thought I couldn't afford twins. After spending the money for the turbo kit, hpc coating, mid-pipe, and the PHR Stage 2 Fuel kit, I could of bought the HKS 2835R's and the appropriate fuel system. It seems that 90% that tend to upgrade turbo's decide on single vs. twins. The power is all the same but the look underneath the hood is much nicer with twins, IMHO. Again, you'll be different.

Don't get me wrong. Once I get my turbo kit installed I'll be swearing by it. Contact [email protected] or [email protected] and they'll hook you up. Actually the Greddy T78 or T88 is the best kit for the money.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2540's? I've never heard of these,
more info please

·
Registered
8 Posts
Suprascene.com said:
HKS 2540R turbos with hks starter kit.
I have been thinking about doing this. Does the starter kit come complete with intercooler piping, intake pipes etc.... I have seen dyno sheets for the 2540R kit on a few skylines and they will make about 625-650rwhp and spool reasonably well compared to the 2835 turbos but about the same as a medium size single say t66 or t78 so it really comes down to a hey look mine is bigger thing just to say you have twins. It also is not any cheaper to purchase the starter kit and 2 2540r's than the 2835r. The kit is about 4600 or so and the turbos are 2000 a piece. :eek:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Has anyone checked out Incon turbos? I heard that they make the same turbos that HKS uses (same combo of garrett) but they are much cheaper. It would be nice to have a hks/incon turbo kit for about 6400, plus you could go bigger than the 2835's if you wanted to.

-amir

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The turbos from Garrett are known as the "Ballistic Concepts" turbos. HKS rebrands them as "GT" turbos. You can probably get them from an HKS distributor for around $1600 apiece.

The HKS kit, though expensive, is pretty complete, down to the HKS tie wraps. (I'm not kidding) In general, if you are trying to save a penny, you should not get this kit anyway.

BTW, I was looking under a Lingenfelter twin turbo ZR-1 and saw the HKS badging on those GT3035s. I was all proud....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts