Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thats the knock sensor code right? What could cause this? This is on my stock 91 Turbo 5spd. It has 110 000 km on it (65 000 miles)

The car runs great and i dont hear a knock ever. I always run 91 octane gas too.

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
stonedworm said:
Thats the knock sensor code right? What could cause this? This is on my stock 91 Turbo 5spd. It has 110 000 km on it (65 000 miles)

The car runs great and i dont hear a knock ever. I always run 91 octane gas too.
The code 52 does not mean you are knocking, it means either your KS's went out or the wiring, I would first check to see if the connectors are on the sensors themselves. There are 2 sensors underneath the intake manifold, 1 right behind the alternator and 1 by the starter. If they are still connected my bet would be the wires are toasted and needs a good rewiring (cheapest route) then if that doesn't work then its time to find some good used KS from someone, for my info on the rewire go to:
www.supras.com > sogi > tech > Knock sensor rewire

or check out Larry_a's site, aight peace and good luck

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahh good to hear. When i did my headgasket job i noticed that one of the wires was disconnected from the sensor. We reconnected it and it seemed to be working for the last 1000 km. Maybe the other one decided to fall apart.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts