Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok got my first list of stuff to bpu gonna order tomorrow.But after reading articles and researching the right stuff for me to buy,some people have recommended a wastegate t mod.Now,what im trying to figure out is, i thought that a boost controller,controls the boost from the car after i install it.From what i understand the t mod does the same job but without control just raised it.Do i need the t mod when i intall the boost controller to raise my boost or is the boost controller the only mod needed to raise my boost.I want my boost to hit about 17 - 18 psi on pump gas as the car is not a racing car so any higher is not needed and i do believe but i may be wrong that the factory boost setting are around 14 psi.Dont just view please respond as i am ordering everything first thing in the morning.Everything else i pretty much got a grasp on.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No I don't sleep, hence the life of a business owner. I sleep inbetween thoughts :D :D

So if any are wrong or don't make sense it not my fault, blame the lame brain......

As for your bleederT mod this works by leaking off into the atmosphere. This is how you'll be able to build a little more boost, do to the loss in pressure. It is a good idea to use a BC with this b/c you'll need to control the boost, after you bypass the fuel cut. But you can run them individually, just safer/better together.

By far the best is an EBC, you get best control this way, plus it is not sucha pain in the ass as a MBC

Also remember to do your 12v mod on the fuel pump, as well as a boost gauge. This way you can track your progress with the mods. This way you’ll catch leaks/probs as they happen. Don’t worry too much about an upgraded IC, b/c when driving in winter it’s cool enough
:blue: :blue:

Get off the computer, go and clean that damn dawg, because I gonna give it the good or bad dawg test. You don't wanna see what happens if you get the bad dawg lable. J/k
Did ya get my e-mail???
Later,
Jakub

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep just opened email thank jakob(not sure if that spelt right correct me if im wrong)Well i think i should wait till you come down here tomorrow before i order this stuff.Phone me first to make sure im not doing something with my kids,but i should be home for most of afternoon and evening tomorrow.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DuessTT said:
yep just opened email thank jakob(not sure if that spelt right correct me if im wrong)Well i think i should wait till you come down here tomorrow before i order this stuff.Phone me first to make sure im not doing something with my kids,but i should be home for most of afternoon and evening tomorrow.
Since I don't know where you live, I think the phone call may be a good idea, but I could be wrong? ;)

I'll give you a ring in mid afternoon. I'm finally off and going to get some food and then to bed.
Later

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Ear Candy said:
No I don't sleep, hence the life of a business owner. I sleep inbetween thoughts :D :D

So if any are wrong or don't make sense it not my fault, blame the lame brain......

As for your bleederT mod this works by leaking off into the atmosphere. This is how you'll be able to build a little more boost, do to the loss in pressure. It is a good idea to use a BC with this b/c you'll need to control the boost, after you bypass the fuel cut. But you can run them individually, just safer/better together.

By far the best is an EBC, you get best control this way, plus it is not sucha pain in the ass as a MBC

Also remember to do your 12v mod on the fuel pump, as well as a boost gauge. This way you can track your progress with the mods. This way you’ll catch leaks/probs as they happen. Don’t worry too much about an upgraded IC, b/c when driving in winter it’s cool enough
:blue: :blue:

Get off the computer, go and clean that damn dawg, because I gonna give it the good or bad dawg test. You don't wanna see what happens if you get the bad dawg lable. J/k
Did ya get my e-mail???
Later,
Jakub
Why would you ever want to run bleeder with a boost controller?? If you have a BC you defently don't want to run a bleeder as well because this will make ti difficult for the BC to regulate boost. Also the bleeder is a boost leak that you want to get rid of.
If you have a BCC there is no reason to run the 12v fuel pump mod, you only need to run this if you are running the FFCD mod which is not reccomended. Get the BCC it;s well worth the $100 bucks over the FFCD.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Josh S said:

Why would you ever want to run bleeder with a boost controller?? If you have a BC you defently don't want to run a bleeder as well because this will make ti difficult for the BC to regulate boost. Also the bleeder is a boost leak that you want to get rid of.
If you have a BCC there is no reason to run the 12v fuel pump mod, you only need to run this if you are running the FFCD mod which is not reccomended. Get the BCC it;s well worth the $100 bucks over the FFCD.
Good call, my answer was not too clear.
but I'll don't know exactly what mods duesstt is planning on, so just in case, I gave him some "to look out for"

Yes,
Once you get a ebc, you cap the bleeder, that way you have set controll over the whole range of the boost. However run the t mod and MBC together.

Just running a ebc, will be better/easier in the long run. I def agree with the bcc, I would go this route too, but to each his own. So I am just shouting out options.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts