Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is it even possible? Congrats to Monet at Dynamic Racing on a stock block with a 9.73 @ 151MPH+

No fanbois from either side! A 9 second import is an awesome accomplishment be it a 3/S, Supra, Honda, etc..

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
quick said:
a 9-sec car (esp with 183ci) is an accomplishment -- what does it matter whether an "import" or "domestic"?
Oh, it doesn't. I just made that comment because it's typically a bit harder with the lack of displacement.

wtfx100 said:
Uh congrats on a gutted car running 9's when full interior supras do 8's but um yeah grats and stuff you really showed us that the 3/s can hang! :1poke:
2 replies and already a worthless post from a fanboi. If you got nothing positive to say, then leave the thread.

G

·
The lack of quality aftermarket turbo manifolds + sizable upgrades was the biggest limiting factor.

It has only been a year or so since the good t3/t4 manifolds came out and we have a few cars running pretty big garrett twins,

3 years ago, there were only a handful in the 10's, now 10's is pretty standard with any sizable turbo upgrade these days.

9 sec territory has been our goal for a while, I would say that this counts as shattering that goal, and its this particular cars first time to the track without any issues and good clean runs.

· Registered
13 Posts
Holding the 3S community back? Transfer case problems. Those little suckers seem to enjoy nuking themselves.... if only we could somehow fit a GM tranny, a super high stall and a big rear end in. Oh well!
-Dan

G

·
it had a 5spd in it, he was in 3rd til the end...

also, we now have upgraded transfer case housings available...although, on this car, he did not have one...

i cannot wait to see the times once he puts the new 3.7L stroker motor in it ;)

- matt

· Registered
19 Posts
9's in a stock shortblock car with no nitrous is impressive no matter what. Why do so many have to hate? Does the 3s making a 9 second pass hurt the supra owners? No. I'm happy for any car who car run that quick/fast with those mods: supra, 300zx, honda, whatever.

On a side note: Matt comented that with a 3.7 stroker the car might run 9s on pump gas, and possible 8s on race gas. :bigthumb:

· Old School
4,441 Posts
Glad to hear the 3si is into the 9s. That's a worthy accomlishment.

G

·
silvertsiawd said:
Holding the 3S community back? Transfer case problems. Those little suckers seem to enjoy nuking themselves.... if only we could somehow fit a GM tranny, a super high stall and a big rear end in. Oh well!
-Dan
Actually, about a year ago, someone made a billet transfer case housing, its beefy as hell, its just went into full production this month.

So far there are about 4 of them out there, and so far no one has broken one yet, and definitely not for the lack of trying.

· Registered
56 Posts
That's right, it was his white '93, so it was a 5 speed. With the 3.7 8's will be very doable. I think his car probably has a 9.5 or 9.4 in it as is. I wish he were at sea level tho, he's losing valuable tenth's up at 3,600ft.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.