Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what this is, and what I can do about the problem I have with it.

Seems to have a bracket on each side, though 1 is missing and the otherside is missing a bolt and bent downward, this entire bar can be moved by hand a Lot.

Is this some kinda stock swaybar or something?

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
you get mad body roll with the mounts broke like that huh!

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dunno, I have only driven the car like 2-3 miles down the freeway, then in town to my house.

I'm waiting to get my exhaust put on before I really start to drive it, Open DP 1JZ in Cali = Cop magnet.

So, I guess I can just replace both those brackets or whatever and be good?

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
make sure to replace the bushings..

their probaly missing with the mounts like that., but yeah i belive you should be good to go with that mounted back up their firmly

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
Flea420 said:
Open DP 1JZ in Cali = Cop magnet.
:nuts: your crazy to do that in cali just asking for to get your hood popped!

then again.. fuck the police. :bigthumb:

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Allright cool.

Ya I pushed the car once and heard some clunking noises, didnt know what it was at the time though.

Thats why I only drove it from my work to home, and put it right in the garage. It's next drive is to the muffler shop.

I take it the "Bushings" would just be a rubber piece that goes between the bracket and the bar itself? Or something to that effect....

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
Flea420 said:
I take it the "Bushings" would just be a rubber piece that goes between the bracket and the bar itself? Or something to that effect....
yep,probably $3 each at toyota

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Allright cool, thanks for the help.

I'm gonna order em from Elmhurst along with a few other parts I plan to get from them.

·
92 TURBO
1,008 Posts
Flea420 said:
I dunno, I have only driven the car like 2-3 miles down the freeway, then in town to my house.

I'm waiting to get my exhaust put on before I really start to drive it, Open DP 1JZ in Cali = Cop magnet.

So, I guess I can just replace both those brackets or whatever and be good?
^ I'd replace both brackets & 4 bolts along with the new bushings as the brackets might have gotten bent or fucked-up with the bar rubbing on it.

http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/EPC/MKIII_NATO/291420/4803_1.html

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Local dealer wants fuckin $13 for each bushing and $20! for EACH bracket, fuckin insane.
Hopfully Elmhurst can do a little better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts