Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Ok, ok, maybe 500rwhp!!!
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here using one?

How about having a stocker respun?

I'm assembling ideas for an '04 project, and I might need something a tad more powerful...

Brian

·
Registered
639 Posts
I have the PowerHouse Racing Street Alternator (not as powerful as Race/Drag model) and it does a great job.. A lot better than the stock which had a tough time handling the stereo power load!! The PHR unit comes with all install hardware and a pretty good warranty.. I got mine from MVP for around $499 or so...

·
Ok, ok, maybe 500rwhp!!!
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Roadie8105 said:
I have the PowerHouse Racing Street Alternator (not as powerful as Race/Drag model) and it does a great job.. A lot better than the stock which had a tough time handling the stereo power load!! The PHR unit comes with all install hardware and a pretty good warranty.. I got mine from MVP for around $499 or so...
What's the alt rated at, and how much juice are you running?

Equipment?

Brian

·
Registered
639 Posts
Here is copy of product ad from PowerHouse Racing.. It is a good product but cheaper may be avail. I don't know about.. I just based my purchase on their Supra experience...

PHR 150 Amp Alternator Upgrade. Complete kit! The PHR street alternator upgrade is offered as an alternative to the full upgrade above. These units offer the very same quality and reliability as the full PHR alternator upgrade, but output is less at 150 amps cold and 120 amps hot. These are perfect for a modified street Supra that needs more power to run accessories, or as a factory replacement for a failing alternator. Utilizes the factory charging cable and connector. Idle output is the same as the full alternator at 90 amps, a 100% increase over the factory unit! Exterior appearance is the same, and the kit includes all mounting hardware. Also carries a full one-year warranty. Price: $499.00

*** I have Xtant 1000W sub amp, Xtant 600W front/center amp, and Alpine 200W rear speaker amp. Not to mention Alpine IVA-D900 and 5.8" multi-media parts, 3 changers, alarm, and the works!! Always been a good product for me....

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
I think its time for mine to be upgraded as well.... I know I am putting way too much of a load on it.. normally sits at around 12.8 when system is up. :eek:

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Yeap.. idling.. I have alot of stuff running so it makes sense.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
I've seen mention of PHR's alternator "not using Mustang parts" or somesuch. Might a Mustang alternator work? The late model Mustang units are SOLID and I wouldn't mind using one at all if it fit :D

·
Registered
868 Posts
I have heard of kits that use high amp GM alternators, I hear that the normal high amp alternators for our cars don't last to long.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
Roadie8105 said:
any pics of it (front ,read side)and what came with it?

·
Registered
639 Posts
I'll try to get some pics.. It is installed currently so may be a little difficult.. It comes with alternator much the same as stock one even with voltage regulator attached to rear, mounting bracket, and other misc. install hardware.. The belt to run it is sold as extra because different people run different setups (ie. pulley sets, etc)... Very nice unit and I'll try to get some pics up later...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts