Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody done the hockey puck motor mount thing before. i just did it the hockey pucks are strong but i think that im going to get vibration from this. this is a goo cheap way to make a solid stye motor mount. i got this idea from rising sun from clubna-t. ill start the car up again next week when i install my new injectors. ill post pics up later in the week.

·
The Stars At Night
1,460 Posts
Never heard of that before...but it doesnt sound that safe...

·
4,655 Posts
:hahano::hahano::hahano::hahano::hahano::hahano::hahano::hahano::hahano:

Stick to TRD, or Toyota Mounts.

·
Registered
452 Posts
seems a little ghetto to me. Won't do much to dampen vibration since the bolt just goes through both sides. I've seen some posts where people made custom mounts with home made molds and polyurethane from mcmaster

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Not saying it wont work But the mount that holds your engine isnt a place where I would take a chance to save a few hundred dollars. I mean the castrophic damage it could cause if it failed just seems like a place where I would not take the cheap route.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
These will work fine. Muscle cars guys have been using these for years!! And they have big block torque to boot. This will work like a solid mount, so don't expect much dampening. When it's cool out, these things are almost as hard as steel. When warm, only slightly more give. I have seen the puck way many times. A few times, guys made a steel like can of sorts to hold the pucks. This also ensured they be able to really get flatter and to keep their form. Neat. I think you'll be fine..but keep an eye on them.

·
Banned
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
These will work fine. Muscle cars guys have been using these for years!! And they have big block torque to boot. This will work like a solid mount, so don't expect much dampening. When it's cool out, these things are almost as hard as steel. When warm, only slightly more give. I have seen the puck way many times. A few times, guys made a steel like can of sorts to hold the pucks. This also ensured they be able to really get flatter and to keep their form. Neat. I think you'll be fine..but keep an eye on them.
yea i took the plats from the old ones and put one one top and one on the bottom. i just found out that my friend has them on a 3rotor rx7 as well. he told me that they hold good and that there will be some vibrations if i have a good idle at around 1000rpms it wont be bad at all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts