Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Holy F*ck Am I The First To Do This??? (pics inside)

my fucking targa almost flew off, the bolt on teh driverside rear is missing, it doesnt lock all the way, the front passenger side doenst screw in all the way, and i was driving onb the freeway and the POS flies loose but is still attatched at the driverside front and is flapping, destroyed my paint on the windshield part, and the back part where the targa conects, not to mention the roof is twisted and dented.. the interior piece flew off at the ricer behind me.... no idea if it hit him.....

i added pictures, scroll down to the reply......

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha... the entire roof didnt fly off, just half, it was nice enough to stay on and flap and damage my new paint job, and twist itself in half, as well as hit my head a few hundred times before i got to the exit......

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
HydroMatrix said:
haha... the entire roof didnt fly off, just half, it was nice enough to stay on and flap and damage my new paint job, and twist itself in half, as well as hit my head a few hundred times before i got to the exit......

Damn dude, glad that was the worst that happened. Does the top even fit anymore?

·
NOSUP4U
2,776 Posts
Sorry to hear that man. Good luck with getting it fixed, I know you have had more than your share of problems.

·
Very Senior Member
10,053 Posts
HydroMatrix said:
......, as well as hit my head a few hundred times before i got to the exit......
Ah - well at least something good came of it! :p

J/K

And you are not near the first. Obviously several beat you to it.
Note to T-top and targa owners :
Make sure the thing is securely fastened down before driving.

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it was as secure as it could get with it being damaged from a previous accident.... and no the roof doesnt fit anymore, its bent everywhich way, it completely ruined my paint job though, smashed it off to the metal, put dents too, and im missing half of it... something tells me i have a strong lawsuit on the repair shop..........

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
i've heard of it happening several times now, i'm very sorry

i'm always extremely cautious to make sure its on tight now.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Ahh that sucks.. One of my buddies was talkin about how it happen to him on day. Said it tore it up real good.

Thanks Nick

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
how fast were you going?....

1 - 20 of 54 Posts