Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ditched the EMU last week and went back to the KISS theory. I put an SAFC back in and started to tune with it. Its funny because the car runs leaner without the EMU. Like it needed more fuel taken from it to make a difference it seemed.
Anyway I put the Fuel pressure back up to 35 base psi and took out about 30% fuel from 4k-7600 and at 1 bar it is extremely pleasing. 1.3 bar is even better. lol
I can deff feel a night and day difference from the EMU to the SAFC. So maybe the EMU was correct in the timing it was seeing maybe and it was causing it to retard?

Anyway I am gonna try to head to the track this weekend to see what she can do.. I will be extremely surprised if she isnt at worst deep 12's as it sits on 1 bar with no tire or susp changes. Im tempted to run my ET Streets though.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
ive seen 1jz's running greddy emanage (blue and ult) with singles and 18psi dyno 270whp due to massive ign retard.... safc doesnt do it as bad.

powerFC plug and play stand alone with the lollipop is $1100 or so.. consider that.

·
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the car was deff over 270whp on 1 bar even on the Emanage doing its shady shit. But it was still not what it is currently, thats for sure.
I am gonna look into either the PFC or the AEM next. I just wanted something to atleast get me thru the summer cuz I spent alot on house upgrades and vacations. So i am broke for the car now. lol. I just wanna drive it and woop on some ass for a little this summer before going further on the management.

The track isnt open this weekend for test and tune so I might just hit up the dyno and get some baselines

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,263 Posts
iv'e seen emanage's work wornders... I love the blue on my car... it's much more complex hence why so many peopl ehave toruble with it.

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
sp61? t61? x61?

~scott

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
SAFC is much more simple

but keep an eye on those detonations, you are still advancing timing as you lean...

insist on race gas at the track, dyno, or any other kind of abusive event...

But again, you get better gas then us by default anyway.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
scottiedawg66 said:
sp61? t61? x61?

~scott
its a precision/garret t61.. all the same.. turbonetics t61 wheels is different..

basically a gt35R compressor wheel..

very interested in seeing the results!

·
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea they are all the same for the most part. Its a garret though.
Gt35R compressor wheel, P trim turbine, S cover with a .70 rear cover

I am using the stock map sensor. Took it up to about 1.3 bar last night with no problems. Didn't pick up anything worth while to mention knock wise, but i run sunoco 94 in my car daily and 110 at the track. So I am not worried about knock really.

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
jbsupra89t said:
Welcome to the world of strong single 1jz's =D SAFC here working awesome with the FCON...

-J
sorry to jack this thread.i'm running an fcon also and would like to know where you tapped into the map.the person i bought the fcon set up off had it tapped into the fcon pressure sensor.i just don't remember which way it went with the white and yellow wire's.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts