Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
The Beginning
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to make a custom stainless steel braided fuel line out of regular Home Depot stuff. I was thinking like different fittings on end of a water line they have but not sure. This isn't for the sup, for my friends rex;) .

·
Registered
945 Posts
How many different ways are there to say...no f#*$ing way. Water hose is for just that, water. Not because they want to make you buy more expensive fuel hose, but because hydrocarbons (gas and oil) will eat most rubber PDQ. Add to that the little pressure of fuel greater than the rating of the hose issue and you have a recipe for a flaming wreck. However, I guess that depends on how good a friend he is...

bob

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
Fuel hose in the cabin??

Does he want to self combust?

Get an ELECTRICAL fuel pressure guage ;) Problem solved

·
old school poster
464 Posts
it is not nhra or scca legal to run fuel hoses inside a car. that rule is in effect for a reason.

btw, he might not have had a fuel line burst but i have seen, heard, and experienced quite a few.

just do things right.

·
The Beginning
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well then what shall he do, obvisously some people do it cause his gauge is an interior mounted type Autometer and it is mechanical. So it is going in cabin but what should he do fuel line wise, since you aren't suppose to run it in the car.....

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
return it and buy an electrical gauge. how many ways do you need people to say DO NOT RUN AUTOMOTIVE FLUID INTO YOUR CABIN (heater is the sole exception). If he wants to use a braided fuel line for other purposes, have him go to a performance shop -- they'll make it to the correct length.

·
The Beginning
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alright I will tell him I just don't see why they would produce an in cabin mechanical fuel gauge when you shouldn't do that but whatever.

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
there are fuel isolators that clets you conenct a mechanical to the fuel isolator to fuel.

Summit sells them

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=MAA-29806

with this you are sure not to kill yourself because of a fuel line rupture ;)

the isolator must be run in the egine bay NOT the cabin!!!

·
The Beginning
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey anyone know where you could get an electronic butterfly like they use for cutouts on vipers and what not. Like a Home Depot type thing maybe.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts