Supra Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
2/3 HP to the Paws
1,519 Posts
87SilverSupraTurbo said:
Alright I will tell him I just don't see why they would produce an in cabin mechanical fuel gauge when you shouldn't do that but whatever.
They don't. Mechanical fuel gauges are designed to be used under (or on) the hood. NEVER inside a vehicle.

If you want to die, there are faster and less painful methods to go about it than running a high pressure fuel line into a plastic gauge a few inches from your body.

I recommend a healthy drink of drain cleaner or skydiving from an overpass into a busy highway.

·
The Beginning
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Well the gauge doesn't look to durable to be under a hood it is plain simple plastic cover somethign that will probably melt with the heat and it has a bezel and everything just like any other in cabin gauge.

·
This Is Why I'm Hot.....
1,985 Posts
87SilverSupraTurbo said:
Well the gauge doesn't look to durable to be under a hood it is plain simple plastic cover somethign that will probably melt with the heat and it has a bezel and everything just like any other in cabin gauge.
It appears everyone must spell things out for you, so I'll take a stab at it this time. It was meant to function in conjunction with an isolator or outside the cabin, PERIOD. You & that guy w/the raped yellow MkIII ought to get together & have a Home Depot party, LOL.
;)

G

·
Why doesn't he just forgo the gauge and have the hose spray him with the gas? The more it burns, the more fuel pressure he's getting .

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
ELectrical guages are safe and all, but the ones ive seen, or care to see are only 90* sweep... making 100psi guages all but illegible especially if they are only 2 1/8 or 52mm guages.

Mechanical gauges are 270* sweep, meaning more definition between increments and easily read at a moments glance. BUT, you can only mount them under the hood, or ON the hood outside the cockpit... or must use an isolator to allow the guage to be mounted inside. You run the fuel line to the isolator, then you run a line filled w/ coolant (typically) to the guage... while its still liquid, itll read just as if there were fuel in the line, but not nearly as dangerous. its the same method if you want to run a mechanical oil pressure guage, which i would recommend due to the 270* sweep of the needle... but w/ the 7MGTE chronic-low-oil-pressure, a small numbered guage would suffice anyhow :rolleyes:

·
RIP 86.5 N/A, Hello 90T
2,293 Posts
"You & that guy w/the raped yellow MkIII ought to get together & have a Home Depot party, LOL."

Oh god Lam!! haha thats hilarious, he has got to have stock in Home Depot,he has got one of everything on his car from there! hehe :)

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,084 Posts
I'm just glad your friend doesn't own a Supra!

I insisted on a mechanical gauge so I just ended up mounting it on the hood.

·
The Beginning
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Hey hey quit hating on me I am just relaying what the guys says sheessh. I will be sure to let him know what ya guys think though. All these messages from me are what he was saying!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts