Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Hardtopper
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys,.

I feel that the SP/BL 400 trannys are to much tranny for my needs.

I want a good, stout transmission with a transbrake.

What/how would you guys recomend I build, or what specific parts I would need to best suit my application.

700 RWHP + a 75 shot of NOS

so 750 hp to the wheels.

I deally id like to build up a 700r4 for my car (cause of the OD)but alot of people of have told that my goals are just past a 700r4's limits.

So let me have it,.. any specific parts you guys recomend for building a stout th400
nothing to SP's level, but just a little more than half.

So far all I got on my mind is a Griner Transbrake, but not necessarily a Coan alumin drum, Im probalbly gonna be reving it to 8k or so...

Anywho
Jaynite, phillysingle, DaveH, John H Im looking in your guy's direction for some guidence.
Thanks alot

Ramiro

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
a) A TH700-R4 will be weaker than a Toyota A340 in a MKIV application. High RPM is what kills GM overdrive transmissions. MKIVs love RPM.

b) Send a PM to Marko (White Supra) and tell him FYRARMS sent you. He can get you a less-expensive TH400 that will easily support 700+rwhp.

·
Hardtopper
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do bro,.. Thanks alot.

·
Hardtopper
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone else..
I know the basics like a 36 element sprag.. but im sure that of the 255 people that have looked so far could recomend
Any particular ShiftKit/TransPak, Clutches,Input Shaft,Drum, etc...

Anyone?

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
Well, the questions you are asking are best answered by a trans builder. Each builder likes to use his own particular brands of components. Not many people here build their own trannies, so you will have to call a shop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts