Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys
just wanted to share how my car felt like with toluene.
i know there was a thread on this earlier, but i just wanted to post on how my car felt with this stuff.
for anyone considering running with toluene, DO IT!!!!
if race gas isnt an option, and even if it was, this stuff is much better. i bought a 5 gallon container of this stuff from sherwin williams paint for 25 bux. that and some marvel mystery oil from walmart for 3 bux. well i put in roughly 2 gallons of it with about ~6gals of 93 pump and about 14oz of MMO. What a difference the car was at only 15 lbs of boost. I can honestly say that my car pulls harder at lower boost and race gas than with highboost and pump. And remmeber guys i live in houston, which is currently 95+degrees and muggy as a hell, so my car is probably pulling alot of timing on 93pump. i plan on running this stuff 24/7 now since its soo much more convienient and cheaper than race gas. ive never dynoed my car with it, nor have i any track times with it, but i can honestly say that my car is much faster with it.

just for some reference, last nite a buddy and i made a quick run from about 50-80, and the last time i raced him (during tx2k3) i had only pump, and he had racegas, well needless to say he pulled me, and just kept pulling me. well this time, i actually pulled him last nite by half a car b4 we shut it down at 80. im very impressed with the results, and am very eager to crank up the boost to see how much faster she is with toluene. IMO this stuff shouldnt really be an option, every bpu or higher car should run toluene. :)
kevin

·
Nottin' like boost...
1,378 Posts
yeah i tried xylene at the track last week, the results were awesome, i went from stuck in 14s with one high 13 pass to all low 13 runs and thats losing traction off the line like mad, and a 12 second run, my trap speed also went up like 10+ mph! i had less then a gallon of xylene to about 3.5 gallons of 93 octane

·
BPU is so 1997
5,354 Posts
I got 3 gallons of xylene and 1 gallon of toluene out in the garage.

Just got my HPF clutch done a few days ago, breaking that thing in, dumping in the gas, and hopefully will be kicking a lot of ass.

:)

·
2/3 HP to the Paws
1,519 Posts
aznsupra said:
if race gas isnt an option, and even if it was, this stuff is much better.
It's virtually the same thing. Most race gas is mixed up from base with toluene (and other goodies).

If you had a significant difference mixing your own, you probably created a much higher octane fuel than the race gas you were used to using.

100 octane race fuel is roughly the same as a full tank of 93 and six gallons of toluene. It just costs half as much. :)

G

·
For the love of God,

Can somebody please post a sheet/formula on how to mix the damn thing, preferably in litres for us dumb Swedes :) And I mean with everything needed and how much of it..

Thanks!

·
BPU is so 1997
5,354 Posts
Slowpoke said:
For the love of God,

Can somebody please post a sheet/formula on how to mix the damn thing, preferably in litres for us dumb Swedes :) And I mean with everything needed and how much of it..

Thanks!
I will do it for you tomorrow night after work, in liters.

:D

·
Registered
762 Posts
It just comes down to percentages Slowpoke. You guys seem to be happy running 30% toluene (ie three litres of it for every seven litres of unleaded), but I have been told that 10-20% is the highest you should go as the Toluene can have a corrosive effect on parts of your fuel system over time. I guess it depends how many miles and stuff you do as well though.

10% = 1 litres toluene for each nine litres of pump fuel
20% = 2 litres toluene for eight litres of pump fuel
30% = 3 litres toluene for each seven litres of pump fuel.

·
King Ding-a-ling!
3,196 Posts
I have been using xylene from Sherwan Willams ($35 for 5 gallons) since I posted that last thread. I honestly thought I had a problem with my car. Especially since it has become hot. No... just my car pulling timing straight out my ass! Damn that hurts!
My wife does not understand why I keep going to the paint store, but yet nothing has been painted! LOL I have also noticed that most valve/injector cleaners are toluene and xylene eg berrymans chem-tool. Good stuff!

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
Slowpoke said:
For the love of God,

Thanks!
Satans dumma Svenskar, kan inte ens räkna procent räkningar ;)

OK, back to English: :)

I just put 10 litres of Toluene, 25litres of 98octane (RON) and 2 decilitres of ATF oil or 2-stroke oil.

Works like a charm. :)

Krister

·
King Ding-a-ling!
3,196 Posts
lmblf8 said:
Sorry if this is a newb questino, but what are the negative effects of using toulene or xylene? Thanks

Chris
Clean injectors and valves! That just sux huh! I understand it is important that you put in a lubricant such as marvel mystery oil or tranny fluid. Many people have been running this stuff for a long time and I have yet to hear of any ill effects.

Brandon

G

·
Would this be hurtful trying this in a regular car.. meaning non sport car like the supra? would you get any benefit from trying this in say a honda accord or regular car?

just asking

G

·
Krister said:

Satans dumma Svenskar, kan inte ens räkna procent räkningar ;)

OK, back to English: :)

I just put 10 litres of Toluene, 25litres of 98octane (RON) and 2 decilitres of ATF oil or 2-stroke oil.

Works like a charm. :)

Krister
Exactly what oil do you use with it, is the oil really necessary? What octane do you get with thoose measeruments?

G

·
IGGYWOOWOO said:

Clean injectors and valves! That just sux huh! I understand it is important that you put in a lubricant such as marvel mystery oil or tranny fluid. Many people have been running this stuff for a long time and I have yet to hear of any ill effects.

Brandon
So you are saying there are no negative effects of this?

G

·
Adam W said:
It just comes down to percentages Slowpoke. You guys seem to be happy running 30% toluene (ie three litres of it for every seven litres of unleaded), but I have been told that 10-20% is the highest you should go as the Toluene can have a corrosive effect on parts of your fuel system over time. I guess it depends how many miles and stuff you do as well though.

10% = 1 litres toluene for each nine litres of pump fuel
20% = 2 litres toluene for eight litres of pump fuel
30% = 3 litres toluene for each seven litres of pump fuel.
What do you mean, what can break or go bad? Sounds deadly and expensive...

What is the total octane rate if I only mix lets say 20% of this stuff with regular pump gas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
You're a retard if you think this addative is way better than something like C16. I'm sure it works as a great addative but don't make stupid claims like it's better than race fuel. Butt dynos don't mean much and you could feel a difference in a day's temperature before you would between the addative and race fuel. It's also probably not as safe under high boost situations where heat is a bigger factor.

Also note that this shit is EXTREMELY hazardous and I've been told even more so that some of the leaded race fuel we use. If you mix this stuff or put it in by some means where you can get into contact with it, be ultra careful to make sure you don't. This stuff causes cancer bigtime.

G

·
silvino said:
You're a retard if you think this addative is way better than something like C16. I'm sure it works as a great addative but don't make stupid claims like it's better than race fuel. Butt dynos don't mean much and you could feel a difference in a day's temperature before you would between the addative and race fuel. It's also probably not as safe under high boost situations where heat is a bigger factor.

Also note that this shit is EXTREMELY hazardous and I've been told even more so that some of the leaded race fuel we use. If you mix this stuff or put it in by some means where you can get into contact with it, be ultra careful to make sure you don't. This stuff causes cancer bigtime.
Damn, the grin on I had on my face just went away :(

I guess I'm lucky to have bought 25 litres of race gas for 100$ to use for this weekend drags....

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.