Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently looking at a low mileage 1998 Honda Odyssey. This was the first time ever looking at this particular model and noticed that the car didn't have vin stickers on the doors, hatch, hood etc.

I was wondering if this was normal for this year/model vehicle. Seemed strange to me that this type of info was missing.

Anyone have an older Odyssey that can tell me if the stickers were supposed to be there or not?

Thanks

·
Damn Spaniards
2,328 Posts
greensoup said:
I was recently looking at a low mileage 1998 Honda Odyssey. This was the first time ever looking at this particular model and noticed that the car didn't have vin stickers on the doors, hatch, hood etc.

I was wondering if this was normal for this year/model vehicle. Seemed strange to me that this type of info was missing.

Anyone have an older Odyssey that can tell me if the stickers were supposed to be there or not?

Thanks
No it isn't normal for any car. It was probably wrecked. Get far away from it.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I figured so I walked but wanted to double check and make sure I wasn't totally off the wall on this one.

·
Ludicrous speed! GO!
959 Posts
Probably put together with chopped parts.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm pretty familiar cars. This one was surprisingly clean. The paint matched. The door seams were all even. The front and rear bumpers looked like they'd been bumped but if I hadn't noticed the VINs I'd never have guessed anything suspicious.

Carfax was clean (as if that ever means shit). Local car even.

I suspect it was partially stripped. And reassembled some time in the middle of its life. The thing is usually you'd see a sale or retitle of the car if something like that happened. And there wasn't anything on carfax. Very odd.

·
Ludicrous speed! GO!
959 Posts
You planning to buy it? If you have any doubts ask them or stay away.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
koulee said:
You planning to buy it? If you have any doubts ask them or stay away.
No I wasn't going to buy it unless the vin stickers were placed in a spot other than where I expected to see them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts