Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
The Stars At Night
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously.

I want to know honestly what you TT owners think of NA-T's. I'm talking about clean NA-T's such as

Kirk's:

NinetyFiveNA's:

kdirty130's:

michaelvanle's:

I'm not just talking about NA-T's with side intake manifolds, it's just those first three have extremely clean cars. But in all honesty, it seems like when I have talked to TT owners, or even just noticing on the board, all of us NA-T owners just aren't as good as all of the factory turbo guys.

I mean, I have invested a lot of time, probably not as much money, and gotten no where near as much power as the APU people, but seriously, it's still a MKIV Supra and I'm slowly making it what I want. Granted it's no 700rwhp beast, but a lot of us NA-T owners have put the same effort into making our cars what we want. Sure it didn't start out turbo, but seriously, I think a few of the owners I have talked to were down right ass holes about it. One previous TT owner went as far as telling me I "didn't deserve my car because I don't have enough money to give it what it NEEDS (GTE swap)." Seriously, what bullshit is that? How do they know what my car needs? Who are they to tell me whether or not my income determines whether or not I deserve my car? I'm 18, almost 19, I openly admit I don't deserve my car, I am fortunate to have it, and even though it started out NA, maybe that's what gives me the feeling of equality.

I just think some TT owners go a little over the top with trashing the NA because they couldn't fork out $30k+ from the beginning. I mean come on, this is supposed to be about a passion for the car and heritage, not about who has the biggest balls because they make the most money.

·
Administrator
17,259 Posts
Not sure I understand the spirit of your thread? :confused:

I have nothing against NA-T hardtops, since if you go "all the way", you're going to have one hell of a nice car. I think it's probably easier to find a clean NA hardtop than TT hardtop anymore too...so that is a very good thing from my standpoint. :bigthumb:

·
Eye Kandy For Enthusiasts
1,091 Posts
Every supra owner that i have met so far has been very nice when it comes to helping other people out when your car is acting up. As far as NA-T owners, have never met any but i still have respect for them. Why not put a turbo on a naturally aspirated motor, whats wrong with that.

I do admit however that there are some complete assholes who do own TT supras, and if they want to continue being dickheads, then it looks like they dont deserve their cars. And you are right, its all about the passion of the cars. I bought my TT because of this. Not because some dumbass told me that i was too young or didnt deserve one.

I am also 19 and will be 20 next month and i am fortunate enough to have a TT at an early age, i couldnt have asked for anything better.

So bottom line is, screw those assholes that dont know anything about supras and yet drive one thinking that they're all that.

·
6 speed
1,318 Posts
they're okay i guess..if they put out some decent power.. the way i see it, N/A supra's are like V6 camaros and mustangs. they have the look, but not the power to back it up. i guess NA-T would be a little different.. but most people who see a supra, mustang, or camaro expect them to be their marketed image or what the car is supposed to represent. V8, TT, etc. i personally have nothing against NA-T supras or one's with a 2JZGTE swap =)

i can only imagine what you guys go through though... "is it twin turbo?" "is it six speed?"

i get these questions all the time when i drive my supra and even in my eclipse..thank god they are both turbo and manual.

you always hear the big dissapointing "AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!" when the owner says "no it's N/A" or even TT owners saying "no, it's auto".

·
TT This
917 Posts
You can't talk NA-T without DaveH being mentioned. He sticks with the GE engine and is really pushing the NA-T world forward by himself. The only thing he doesn't use and what is the weak link in our NA's is the tranny. He's looking for 4 digit hp numbers soon with his new black drag car on the GE. It's just the NA hasn't had the backing of the big shops out there to develop and bring forward new products unlike the TT, which has been built upon since day one. I'm proud of what I've done with my NA-T and could care less what a TT owner says. 500hp is 500hp.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I have come across some asshole TT owners because my car is NA, but they become nice to me..maybe it's because I am a girl? But they still don't have to go on about how slow my car is. I know it already and don't have to keep hearing it.

I worked hard to even get a supra because I wouldn't settle for less. I was at a point in time when i needed a car so I decided to just by a NA. Now i plan to make it to na-t or even na-tt, and keep it as a daily. I am saving up for a TT. I am thankful I got a supra when I was 19.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
im looking for an na hardtop to go single with !

·
The Stars At Night
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Steve Theodore said:
Not sure I understand the spirit of your thread? :confused:
I knew you wouldn't have a problem, you are a Supra enthusiast, it just seems like a lot of the TT owners are arrogant in considering the NA Supra as a lower car. Let's just say I have heard the owner of one of the reputable shops tell someone in person that the NA Supra was the Civic of Supra's...just doesn't seem like a very good attitude, nor does it contribute to a good fellowship between TT and NA owners. It just seems I have encountered a few TT owners that think they are superior because their car started out turbo.

·
The Stars At Night
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NinetyFiveNA said:
You can't talk NA-T without DaveH being mentioned. He sticks with the GE engine and is really pushing the NA-T world forward by himself. The only thing he doesn't use and what is the weak link in our NA's is the tranny. He's looking for 4 digit hp numbers soon with his new black drag car on the GE. It's just the NA hasn't had the backing of the big shops out there to develop and bring forward new products unlike the TT, which has been built upon since day one. I'm proud of what I've done with my NA-T and could care less what a TT owner says. 500hp is 500hp.
DOH...I knew DaveH, and I probably should have mentioned him...but I was considering more of a street car. Dave does have the baddest NA-T probably, but the new black car I thought was more of a drag car than street/drag car. Anyway, I'm just saying that after encounters with a couple TT owners, it seems like they think the car is dirt because it didn't start out TT.

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
:lol: I never get any love for my clean 95 NA - TT - T 6spd

Must be because I forgot to put the positive batery terminal cap back on :dunno:

·
Super Moderator
10,737 Posts
Every Supra I've ever owned has been forced induction, even my MKII. That said, they are all my Supra brothers and sisters. NA, NA-T or TT, it doesn't matter to me. All that matters is that they own a Supra no matter the generation or aspiration.

Ken.

·
Dip Dap
237 Posts
KenHenderson said:
Every Supra I've ever owned has been forced induction, even my MKII. That said, they are all my Supra brothers and sisters. NA, NA-T or TT, it doesn't matter to me. All that matters is that they own a Supra no matter the generation or aspiration.

Ken.
amen

·
King Ding-a-ling!
3,195 Posts
I feel you NA guys and gals pain. I love the response I get when peopel find out that my TT turned single is an auto. Then I blow their doors off. I guess it does not matter what your Supra is... just so long as you don't put yourself in a situation where you get BEAT!
Gots to represent biotchs!

Brandon

·
ur moms favourite
1,404 Posts
Steve Theodore said:
I have nothing against NA-T hardtops, since if you go "all the way", you're going to have one hell of a nice car. I think it's probably easier to find a clean NA hardtop than TT hardtop anymore too...so that is a very good thing from my standpoint. :bigthumb:
Very true, most of the n/a's have had an easier life.

That said, i still dont like the idea of a turbo'd n/a engine, i dont doubt they can make decent power, but it's not something i'd do to my car.

None of ^those^ cars are anything to laugh at, man i love the one second to top, that's a serious looking engine bay :wackit:

·
ur moms favourite
1,404 Posts
btm7687 said:
Let's just say I have heard the owner of one of the reputable shops tell someone in person that the NA Supra was the Civic of Supra's
Thats such a pathetic thing to say. Anyone with half a clue knows that an n/a supra is still faster than most cars on the road.

·
Cheifbootknocka
1,944 Posts
I really dig kdirty130's Its got the spirit of the TT but with that custom look what I did thing going for it. Dig the way the TT valve covers are with the plug wires cut in. I think thats what defines the way how the engine bay feels.

·
Premium Member
7,333 Posts
For me, there's no chance in hell I could own an NA. If I'm spending serious money on a car, and it's my dream car, it's gotta be the best of the best. It took me a little over a year of saving just for the down payment, but I wouldn't settle for anything but a 6 speed. I really do appreciate the NA-T guys out there that are buying up all the slow Supras and making them respectable. That, as a whole, helps the image of the Supra.

I have to have the best of the best and can't settle for just having the look, even if it was just temporary. If I was a Corvette enthusiast, I couldn't buy a base model, it'd have to be a Z06, regardless of price.

·
OG SF Member #603
1,092 Posts
I'm in the process of swapping a GTE block/tranny into my NA hardtop. Hey Steve, can I join the Hardtop Registry now?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts