Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used ecu from him that he told me in the phone that it worked.
But after 30minutes later of running it on the car it failed. I called him and pm him. He told me that he would refund me the money back, but i told him that half was okay. He agreed to that. in the bottom you will see what we have been talking about. And now he tell's me that I am scammer . I am sorry but I was the person that bought the ecu not sold it. DONT BUY FROM THIS GUY

Re: ecu
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad1jz
called aaron and told me that he couldnt do nothing else to it. so wat can we do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honestabe
Quote:
thats wat i thought. but i am going to try my friends ecu. hey were do i go to leave u feedback. also i am going to let him try out the ecu i got.

Quote:
Quote:
hey just drove the car to the market and it shut off on me. the engine just turns and the car wount start. tryed my old ecu and it started up. going to check the ecu again with my friends car.

Quote:
Quote:
ya thanks got it yesterday. man that thing works great. thanks again

Quote:
Quote:
payment sent
Have you gotten your ECU yet???
No problem. Would you leave me feedback please. Thanks.

Adam
That's really wierd since Aaron and I both tested it and it ran perfectly.
Click on my iTrader rating and then hit Submit feeback. LMK what happens with that ECU. I'm not sure why it's acting up since it was running perfect when I sold it to you.
I know we agreed to me refunding half your money, but I realized that it's a 20 year old electronic part, so no refunds bro. Hell, parts stores don't even take returns or give refunds on electronics. Sorry bro.

Adam

Quote:
I am trying one more time to get my money back from you. I told you that the ecu was working fin after letting the car run for 30minutes. A day later i pm you and called you, that the ecu was acting up. You just told me it was weird. then on Sunday i tried my friends ecu and the car ran all day. We tried the ecu you sold me on my friends car and the same thing happen. after 30minutes of running it just shut off. I called you and told you that. You told me that you where going to refund me my money and I told you ok, lets make it fair I will take a lost to and get just half of what i paid for it. You agreed. Then you told me to give you a positive rating. I told you yes no problem. After i gave you a positive rating you then pm me that you were not going to give me my money back. I just think that is not right. You told me on the phone that you where a man of you word. but then i see that your not. If you still dont give me back my money then i will be force to take legal action. Hope that we can come to an agreement.

Adam
Sorry bro, you have no legal case by your own admission. You aren't getting a cent back. I don't take to kindly to scammers. And BTW, I've let the mods know of what you are doing.

Adam
_________

·
Registered
68 Posts
oldest trick in the book, you buy something and then say it doesnt work properly, so can try to get a 50% refund, its like getting 50% off, nice try buddy,

*if its really messed up have a shop (ie driftmotion/kaizen/titan/etc) test it, and provide legit proof

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What are you talking about

oldest trick in the book, you buy something and then say it doesnt work properly, so can try to get a 50% refund, its like getting 50% off, nice try buddy,

*if its really messed up have a shop (ie driftmotion/kaizen/titan/etc) test it, and provide legit proof
what do you mean? it dosent work what you want me to do. I even tried it on my friends car. It dose the same thing. Just suck how you say I am trying to take his money. I even shipped back his ECU. He should be getting it any time.

·
Happy as hell
2,000 Posts

This is exactly why I'm not giving a refund. Sounds like a scam to me.

My ECU is being shipped back to me? This is news to me. If in fact the ECU that I sent to you is recieved by me I will confirm first that it is the same ECU and if it is I will test it to see how it works.

Adam

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

My ECU is being shipped back to me? This is news to me. If in fact the ECU that I sent to you is recieved by me I will confirm first that it is the same ECU and if it is I will test it to see how it works.

Adam
what do you mean this is news for you. When we talked on the phone I told you that I was going to send it back to you. Dnt act all surprised. What do you think, that I am going to keep a bad ecu and get your money I am not that type of person.

·
Happy as hell
2,000 Posts
IIRC you said in our conversation that you would ship it some time this week. I know that before you had a chance to ship it you got my PM saying that I recinded my offer of the 50% refund.

BTW, isn't posting PM's against forum rules?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Not defending anyone here, as I don't know either of you. To the OP, why did you need an ECU in the first place? If yours burnt out or something to that respect, maybe it was working, but it was shorted out again?

·
Happy as hell
2,000 Posts
Not defending anyone here, as I don't know either of you. To the OP, why did you need an ECU in the first place? If yours burnt out or something to that respect, maybe it was working, but it was shorted out again?
Funny, I was thinking the same thing. The OP said that his Supra ran fine for 30 minutes and then died, which would indicate that once something got hot enough a wire could have gotten melted and made contact. Hell, that happened to a member on another forum. Took him 5 years to figure it out. In fact, this is his quote.

crisp said:
"Main" harness from engine to firewall back by EGR valve... after several head removal/assemblies, I had inadvertently NOT correctly secured that harness, and it began to "sink" down... until at SOME POINT after all was working WELL... the harness would LIGHTLY rest on the egr tube. After a period of time, the HEAT caused it to barely eat through, and although it didn't touch when STARTING or initially RUNNING the car, as soon as the egr got hot, and WHEN you would accelerate HARD, the engine torque would TILT it just enough to TOUCH the harness and the exposed wire would POP the 15AMP that leads to EVERYTHING!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
why i needed s ecu

never had one for my car, When i did my swap. My friend let me barrow his to test out the car. I drove it for a month without any problem.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I was the one that tested the computer out for him its unfortunate that it didn't work out for him but i must say that the computer runs for 30 minutes and just dies, So i there you knew about this problem being that you stated in your for sale tread that you sent it out to driftmotion to have it recap. So before you accuse him of switching the computer just think about it for a minute even aaron him self has seen many that don't work after the recap and some that work for a few days and just go bad again. If you just want him to take it to driftmotion that's find that why aaron can verify that is your computer and check it out one more time all my friend wants is a running computer if aaron can fix it then you can consider this matter closed. If there's no way to fix it then i would hope you do the reasonable thing.

ALSO DONT MAKE IT SEEM LIKE YOUR THE VIC TUM.

Robert.

·
Happy as hell
2,000 Posts
Like I said, the ECU I sold was in perfect working order when I sold it. I can not be held responsible for failure after the first test. 1bad1jz confirmed that it worked fine. A cap could have blown on the ECU due to one of many issues in your wiring, like I said above. If I do receive the ECU as you have said I'm going to refuse it and return it to you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats just not kool!

Like I said, the ECU I sold was in perfect working order when I sold it. I can not be held responsible for failure after the first test. 1bad1jz confirmed that it worked fine. A cap could have blown on the ECU due to one of many issues in your wiring, like I said above. If I do receive the ECU as you have said I'm going to refuse it and return it to you.
Your telling me that my wiring is not right. But why do all of my friends ecu work perfect on the car. just be a man and admit that something was wrong with it. Why dont you just send it to Driftmotion like you said you did the first time. Ok if you would of told me that you where selling as is I would of thought of buying it twice but you told me that it was a great running ecu. Also never knew that just buy starting the car meant the ecu was good. So when people go and buy a car and just buy turning on the car means everything is ok. I think not, you have to test drive it for a few minutes. You should now, you did tell me you just bought a car that is why i told you that is was ok to send me the money in a later time.

·
Happy as hell
2,000 Posts
The ECU was in perfect condition when I shipped it to you. I tested the ECU by taking it for a 15 minute drive with some WOT driving from a stop to about 70 MPH the night before I shipped it to you. I don't sell defective parts. Trust me, my motor was nice and hot by the time I got it home. Also, I have solid motor mounts so my motor doesn't move which prevents anything from accidently coming in contact with something that is really hot. This may have attributed to the ECU allegedly failing on you. Also, I've talked to Aaron at Driftmotion, the guy who repaired and tested your ECU and he said that capacitors aren't the only thing that fail on ECU's. No refund!

·
Registered
105 Posts
So you admit that the ecu was recap and the only reason it would need to be recap is because it was defective in the first place, also think of what your saying that solid mounts wont make any contact. I am no genius but wouldn't solid mounts send harsh movements thru the whole drive train making everything rattle including the computer. One could say that the last test drive you did was what caused the ECU to fail. It sound's to me you actually knew what you were doing in the first place, now he was even willing to take a lost in doing a 50% refund but it seems to me your mind is set so there is no point in arguing with you. All we can do is post it in all the forums, it might help other people in not having a bad dealing.

·
Happy as hell
2,000 Posts
Yes it was recapped because it had 2 bad capacitors. Driftmotion repaired the board and replaced the capacitors that were bad. The only reason I sold the ECU was because I don't need a spare. On the issue of solid motor mounts, I've been running them for over a year with no issues (and I drive my Supra hard). Others on the forums have been running them for several years without any issues. I sold a good product. I can not be held responsible if the product fails after confirmation by the buyer that the product I sold is good. I have a perfect reputation everywhere. On Ebay I have 23 positive feedbacks over the last 5 years, 7 on this forum, and 7 on SM. Sorry ya'll, but I'm not issuing a refund. The ECU allegedly failing is not my problem since it was working fine when I sold it. No refund will be issued as I am not responsible.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You just keep on changing your mind first you say

Adam
Then you say this. Its true your a man of your words.

honestabe Like I said, the ECU I sold was in perfect working order when I sold it. I can not be held responsible for failure after the first test. 1bad1jz confirmed that it worked fine. A cap could have blown on the ECU due to one of many issues in your wiring, like I said above. If I do receive the ECU as you have said I'm going to refuse it and return it to you.

·
Registered
105 Posts
How do you know it was a good running computer, It was a spare that apparently had to be recap. Interesting and you only tested it out the day you were going to ship it out for 15minutes. Al i am saying is get your story straight you already had knowledge that the computer was bad and you still sold it. Just admit it you are A SCAM ER or a thief for this matter. If you trust your ecu why don't you just switched it out for the one in your car. Also i will be contacting Aaron to ask if you really did send that computer out.

·
Happy as hell
2,000 Posts
I didn't switch the ECU's to put the one I just got back from Driftmotion because when I got your ECU back I shipped my ECU to Driftmotion to be recapped. I'm not a scammer or a theif. Get your fucking story straight.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.