Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just washed my car for first time in a month (stays in garage, never in rain & Cal car duster) Noticed some play in front of hood on passenger side,but not on driver's side. Checked front latches on both sides, seem to be working. Last time hood was open was when 2 small dents near windshield on passenger side pushed out by a Dent wizard type place. guess question is could working on dents somehow resulted in a slight torquing of hood hinge or something else on passenger side? Anyone ever have this problem-solution? Any help greatly appreciated!

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
There are two rubber stops at each end of the radiator support. You can screw them in/out to adjust the height of each corner of the hood.

If that doesn't do it, or if the hood isn't even you can try adjusting the latches that the "U" shaped hooks on the hood of the car click into when the hood is closed. They move up/down a small amount.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Lagtime said:
There are two rubber stops at each end of the radiator support. You can screw them in/out to adjust the height of each corner of the hood.

If that doesn't do it, or if the hood isn't even you can try adjusting the latches that the "U" shaped hooks on the hood of the car click into when the hood is closed. They move up/down a small amount.
chip says it all.

·
Very Senior Member
10,005 Posts
aznsupra said:
you have to kinda drop it from, not just place it down and push. this will ensure that both latches are in.
Agree - at first I thought mine was loose on the passenger side, as well.
You can push it down, but dropping it is actually safer (less chance of bending).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts