Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Supra Fender Covers PM me
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a TRD hood, and was wondering if I should use some hood pins, and if so what kind?? Any pics would be nice. I am going to be drag racing this and know that some tracks will not allow me to race since the hood is aftermarket, even though its got a latch.
Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks

S

·
0 Posts
as long as the hood is secured there should be no problems, aftermarket or not.

but i agree, can't go wrong with sparco

·
Registered
392 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Boostinhard said:
i use sparco never fails on me.
I also have sparco...., they're nice and work, but they're damn ugly. Those Top Secret are nice and look like they are as safe as sparcos without looking as ricy.

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
sunshineboy said:
Anyone have a pic of the Top Secret hood pins already installed on a car? I am also looking for hood pins. Thanks.

·
6Spd TT Aerotop
3,620 Posts
StickyRice said:
Get some of these if its not over priced.

TopSecret
Those win hands down.

I HATE the look of exposed hood pins like the sparco, look very tacky on any street car.

Although I've also seen one of similar design to that Top Secret one, that had a key lock on it also.

Dan.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Sicarius123 said:
Although I've also seen one of similar design to that Top Secret one, that had a key lock on it also.

Dan.
Can you link me to the hoodpin that has a similar design to the Top Secret that locks? Thanks!!

·
Supra Fender Covers PM me
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The top secret ones are nice, but those are some nice size hole you gotta cut out.
I most likely will go with them since the sups black, maybe they will blend in even better.
Any install tips???

·
6Spd TT Aerotop
3,620 Posts
Swoll said:
Can you link me to the hoodpin that has a similar design to the Top Secret that locks? Thanks!!
Sorry, think I saw them in a magazine a while ago, someone else here might of seen them though.

Dan.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Swoll said:
Top Secret also lists locking pins on their site, here is a company that sell these same style pins (probably knockoffs) http://www.deftracing.com/aerocatch_hood_pins/index.htm

I personally would rather get the top secret pins... anybody know who sells them?

·
6Spd TT Aerotop
3,620 Posts
Probably knock offs? I know for a fact that the Top Secret suspension isn't made by Top Secret, as are quite a few of their other products. They find the best product for the job, work out a partnership, then slap their logo on it and up the price.

I'd say you just found the originals.

Dan.

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
ouch... $97 for hood pins

1 - 20 of 30 Posts