Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
those of you that have the toyota hood scoop in your car i have a question for you. This might sound dumb and has probably already been answered.

1) with the hood scoop installed do you have any problems with water from rain /car wash getting in the motor compartment. I would think it would not be a big deal.

2) if water can get in the moto compartemnt, does it puddle up on the coil packs, or on there rail. which could lead to problems?

Also any helpfull info you can think of that i might want to know before the install is started.

·
Chillen at the Holidae In
254 Posts
I dont think it would be a problem if it was a factory deal. Just my $.02

steve

·
FUCK JDM
3,933 Posts
you can take a hose and spray it in a vented hood, and it'll still be fine, u can also spray the engine as well just as long as u cover the wires/ fuse

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know a little water will not hurt, but if you where driving in the rain. Reason i ask is i had a 96SS car and it sucked water in, also has a 98 RA TA do the same thing...( the Ram air, i got happy with the drimal tool)

·
Registered
885 Posts
i have no problem. only get water inside if you directly shoot up water in the hole. otherwise little water or rain just evaporates or barely goes in

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
how is the hood scoop for viewing purposes?

i was reading around in an sti the other day and i noticed that the scoop kind of blocks the view?

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for all the info.... did you all get them from dusty at MVP or just have the toyota dealer get it?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts