Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,810 Posts

·
From the land down under
4,568 Posts
I bought some carbon fibre sleeved struts years ago in a group buy on here, or the Oz forum, and quickly discovered that the cheap brackets that were supplied with them were neither use nor ornament, so like others in this thread, I bought the kbprice brackets and never looked back.

My favourite thing about having them, apart from having better access to work on the engine, is that the bonnet sits level when open, rather than sagging to one side as it does with the factory prop bar.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,810 Posts
How do I get a hold of this guy...I dont have premium supraforum and I cant seem to personally message this guy for info
He monitors his FS thread...the thread I linked to in post #2.

Reactions: affixrider

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
My favourite thing about having them, apart from having better access to work on the engine, is that the bonnet sits level when open, rather than sagging to one side as it does with the factory prop bar.
To add: the hood also opens significantly farther with the struts.

I painted the brackets body color (easy to do with white), and they look like factory.

Al

·
From the land down under
4,568 Posts
To add: the hood also opens significantly farther with the struts.

I painted the brackets body color (easy to do with white), and they look like factory.

Al
That is something I never thought about doing, but your comment has made me think that I should have given mine a spray in 3L2 before I fitted them...

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,810 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thank you all for the reps. Strut kit is on it's way to the Great White North. 😁👍🏻
Hi kbprice, I don't have privilege's to PM you nor any to reply to your FS ad.
Looking to buy a full Strut kit set. If you are still selling.

-Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
10,926 Posts
Hi kbprice, I don't have privilege's to PM you nor any to reply to your FS ad.
Looking to buy a full Strut kit set. If you are still selling.

-Thanks!
You have it backwards. YOU don't have PM privileges because you don't meet the 30/30 requirements for PM usage. You need to have a minimum of 30 posts to PM people now.
Thank scammers for trolling our WTB ads for that one.

Reactions: kbprice

·
Registered
25 Posts
@kbprice Do you have a complete kit with the 40lb struts? Reading through your main thread it seems like people are recommending the 40lb struts for CF hood.

·
Over Medicated
2,723 Posts
@kbprice Do you have a complete kit with the 40lb struts? Reading through your main thread it seems like people are recommending the 40lb struts for CF hood.
I do not use or recommend the 40 lb struts for CF or fiberglass hoods. I use 60 lb struts because the CF & Fiberglass hoods weigh as much or in some cases more than the OEM aluminum hoods. There are 1 or 2 exceptions where someone has a very thin race weight CF hood but in over 10 years of selling these I have not had anyone with a quality CF hood have a problem with the 60 lb struts being to much. If you do want to use 40lb struts I can point you to where to get them and you can still get the brackets and fender studs from me if you would like. They are $50 for just the brackets and studs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I do not use or recommend the 40 lb struts for CF or fiberglass hoods. I use 60 lb struts because the CF & Fiberglass hoods weigh as much or in some cases more than the OEM aluminum hoods. There are 1 or 2 exceptions where someone has a very thin race weight CF hood but in over 10 years of selling these I have not had anyone with a quality CF hood have a problem with the 60 lb struts being to much. If you do want to use 40lb struts I can point you to where to get them and you can still get the brackets and fender studs from me if you would like. They are $50 for just the brackets and studs.
Thanks @kbprice I'll take your recommendation with the 60lb struts. For the full kit, is it still Paypal $100 to [email protected] as friends and family or add $3.50 for merchandise?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts