Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, I have CCW's (18 x 10, 18 x 11.5) with Hoosier 285/30/18, and 305/35/18.

I think this has been answered before, but is the 315 Kuhmo about the same width as the 305 Hoosier? (305s were chosen b/c the next biggest Hoosier was a 335). Even though my fenders are very nicely rolled, the tire comes somewhat close, so I'm hoping the 315 Ecsta V100s won't be any larger, or just slighty larger.

Thanks

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
Paul,
I don't know how they compare with Hoosiers but I heard Hoosiers are wider than usual. But do you mean the V700's? Based on my experience with V700 in 285's I just took off mine, used only on the street, I'd say they are a bit narrower width than some tires, especially street tires, mostly because they don't have extra rubber on the sidewall that is sometimes added as wheel protection. For example, the Pirelli Corsa's I just put on for the street in same 285 size seem significantly wider than the V700's were but I didn't actually measure. If fact, I'm almost positive just from how it looks installed.

Also, I'm thinking I wouldn't recommend the V700 as a track tire on a Supra, especially one with a ton of power like your's. They don't handle a heavy car well IMO. The Victoracer yes but not the V700. I saw a 600+hp ZO6's at Pocono a couple weeks ago running the new Kumho V710 and the guy loved them. I'm trying those next for the track.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nick 95 6sp said:
Paul,
I don't know how they compare with Hoosiers but I heard Hoosiers are wider than usual. But do you mean the V700's? Based on my experience with V700 in 285's I just took off mine, used only on the street, I'd say they are a bit narrower width than some tires, especially street tires, mostly because they don't have extra rubber on the sidewall that is sometimes added as wheel protection. For example, the Pirelli Corsa's I just put on for the street in same 285 size seem significantly wider than the V700's were but I didn't actually measure. If fact, I'm almost positive just from how it looks installed.

Also, I'm thinking I wouldn't recommend the V700 as a track tire on a Supra, especially one with a ton of power like your's. They don't handle a heavy car well IMO. The Victoracer yes but not the V700. I saw a 600+hp ZO6's at Pocono a couple weeks ago running the new Kumho V710 and the guy loved them. I'm trying those next for the track.
Nick, I misspoke; meant the V710s. I'm going to try out the Hoosiers of course, but just want to have a back up plan. I'm thinking you are right about the Hoosiers running a little wider compared to the Kuhmos.

·
www.ziptieracing.com
1,785 Posts
go look on tire rack's site. the info is there. section witdth on the V710 ia 13", while the hoosier is 12.4"

I have heard the V710's run big too. I guess this shows that to be accurate.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
turbomx5 said:
go look on tire rack's site. the info is there. section witdth on the V710 ia 13", while the hoosier is 12.4"

I have heard the V710's run big too. I guess this shows that to be accurate.

I'll check it out. If the V710 is 0.6" wider, I think I'll be fine, because I do have some clearance left between the tire and fender (How much exactly I don't know). Hopefull, the V710 will widen my current setup by 0.3" on the inside, and just 0.3" to the outside.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts