Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Toyota MasterTech
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this happens from a dead stop and from a roll. when i floor the car i can hit and hold 18- 19 psi until redline on my high boost setting. if i slowly get onto the throttle until its floored i can hit and hold 22- 23 psi unitl redline on my high boost setting. why is this happening? is there something wrong? thanks for all responses.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
not to be an azz.

not sure but i can say this please edit your sig we all dont need to know exactly every thing you have in and on your car .

also check all your connections or mabe something is wrong with your Solenoid.

·
Toyota MasterTech
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
even if i disable the boost controller and have the wastegate hose pulled it still happens the same way. i can hit and hold 22 psi but only if i slowly get on it until its floored.

·
Registered
183 Posts
i'd say it allows more time for the turbo's to spool and thus produce more boost.

·
Toyota MasterTech
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was thinking that too. maybe this is happening because of the 3800 stall torque converter i have. maybe the boost doesnt have enough time to build up because the rpm's move too quickly when i floor it.

·
Toyota MasterTech
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea, im bpu+++ with a 3600 stall. i usually dont run them past 18 psi unless im at the track. i might go as high as 20 psi if that. it actually makes a difference on my car. but i would just like to figure out whats causing this to happen.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
anything over 18psi and your killing your turbos remember that ;)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Rick S said:
yea, im bpu+++ with a 3600 stall. i usually dont run them past 18 psi unless im at the track. i might go as high as 20 psi if that. it actually makes a difference on my car. but i would just like to figure out whats causing this to happen.
Its not worth it, over 18 PSI they are very inefficent and you are damaging the turbos.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I wouldn't think that the stall would have anything to do with it. Remember, the car is still building boost even when the converter is slipping. Its not like its a single that is spooling later.

BTW, I think we all know that 20psi is not good for the turbos but niether is 18 or 17 or 16. It makes more power and that is the trade off. I pushed my stockers to the limit of their efficiency to get my car going as fast as it could go.

·
Toyota MasterTech
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
its not a big problem because i am running mid 11's the way it is now, but its just bothering me that i cant figure this out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts