Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· function > form
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IIRC, 89 is the only year the MKIII came with wheel-mounted cruise control. I modified the ring behind the steering wheel so the horn worked but it slipped out of its contacts the first time I turned the wheel. How did other 89 owners do this? Also, the turn signals don't return.

I have a possible fix for both problems, but it's kind of a pain and I thought it would be wise to ask others if they have a solution first.

· Registered
418 Posts
Same problem

I went through this not long ago. I have no solution for the turn signal thing, but for the horn. I just spliced the 2 wires (forget the colours at the moment) but if you strip them and touch them together the horn will sound. Then I just put them to a push button beside the little plastic coin holder to the left of the wheel. I'd take a pic but digicam isn't handy.

· function > form
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jeff Lange said:
Actually, all MK3's have the cruise on the steering wheel, just in different places.
Not all. My 90 had a big fat air bag. hah! But really, now I know. All pre-90's had wheel mounted cruise. Thanks.

I'll do the method I thought of earlier.. just a PITA. If it works the way I'm thinking it should, it will restore turn signal "bump" as well as horn function on the button. I'll take pics if it works out well.

· way over budget
675 Posts
90beater said:
You talking about the cruise control stalk coming off the steering column to the right? Technically, it's not ON the wheel. haha, I'm just being a dickhead :)
your not being a dick your just covering your ass because you weren't thinking it through all the way, and probably havn'et taken your wheel apart!!! :rolleyes:

I'm just massing with ya. Those fuckin technicalities huh.

· Dr. Jeff Lange
8,964 Posts
90beater said:
You talking about the cruise control stalk coming off the steering column to the right? Technically, it's not ON the wheel. haha, I'm just being a dickhead :)
Technically, it is ON the wheel. It's not on the column, if you turn the steering wheel, it turns, if you take the steering wheel off, it comes off. Hence, it's on the wheel, haha. It's just mounted behind where you grab the steering wheel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.