Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a set of leather seat covers from ridies.com which is the same as Interior innovations. They had great reviews from everything I have seen on supra forum. I was happy with the leather until I got to the back seat. I didn't see that there was a 3" circle logo indentation on the side of the rear seat cover. I contacted ridies and interior innovations and was sent a new cover . I received it today but the color did not match. The new leather seat cover was a different color tan with different colored stitching as the rest of the whole seat kit. I contacted them and was told "That is the only color we have. We don’t have any other shade for that color. One has wrinkles and other one does not. We have tried to do everything we could to satisfy you.
Thanks"

How does a business operate like this? Please pass on the word that this company and it's snide comments has little place to be making sub standard seat products. In the past I've seen they have had group buys on the forum. I intend to create a thread there as well to notify others who were considering them. Any other good business owner would have taken back the seat cover and sent another.

Does this look acceptable to anyone? Because to me it's disappointing and looks horrible.

The last few pics are the pics of the 1st seat cover that has the circle with the leather manufacturer's brand name on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
720 Posts
Did you post this on the Supra Facebook group? They are pretty active there. Maybe there is some issue with supply due to the pandemic?

Even so, that is not a reply that should be sent to a customer. Most likely the tan is from a different batch which is why it is off and would annoy any owner. Their stuff is not exactly cheap either.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I posted in multiple supra Facebook groups that I am part of. I am active in the NY supra community and attend the supra northeast meet (obviously when there isn't a pandemic) I know I was very happy with the rest of the kit.

Ya I'm floored by their response. My Supra is a prized possession. I would have never removed my original covers and purchased from them if I knew this was going to be the outcome. All they need to do as a good business owner and human being is send me a replacement in the correct color. It would be like if you ordered a new tan car and it came with one door that's yellow. Ya its a similar shade but that's not acceptable. Supra's aren't POS beaters, they are beautiful cars that our community cherishes and preserves.

·
Registered
94&93 vr4, 94 rx7, 98 2.5rs, 95 Supra TT
127 Posts
I had commented on your FB post. Email them back and ask for a US address to send back the both rear covers. Tell them you will clearly mark the damaged one that is the correct color and tell them you need something that matches. Tell them If they can't help you or don't respond to your email that you will file a CC dispute and BBB complaint.

I had bought interior-innovations leather for my 3000gt. While it wasn't as nice as leatherseats.com it fit well and was decent quality. I tried doing the same for my rx7 from ridies (I assume they are the same company or use the same supplier as they both came from Pakistan and the pictures rides uses on their ebay listings are identical to the same pictures on interior-innovations website) in tan and had all kinds of issues. Both front seats had the front center section sewn in backwards and one cover was missing all the hog ring strips on the back side. They sent me replacements. The replacements they sent had the backing strips but both front sections were sewn on backwards again. They refunded my money and I tossed them in the trash.

I bought from leatherseats.com and the covers they sent didn't fit that great on the bottom. There were too baggy along one of the seams. Looking at pictures they thought it was an install issue vs their defect, but they told me to mail in the lower cushions with leather and they'd take a look. They called me back 2 days after receiving them apologizing and said they had to revise their patterns and make a new set of lower covers. They sent me back both bottom cushions with the leather already installed by them.

So when I did my Supra I went straight back to leatherseats.com. The rear upper seat had the black plastic strip sewn in upside down. I sent them a picture that showed it vs the oem cover. They checked their patterns and acknowledged it was sewn upside down. They sent me a new back with it sewn in correctly. They told me to keep the old back. I may cut it up and try sewing a shift boot sometime.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ridies and Interior Inovations are partner companies. Their phone number is also the same. I tried calling both multiple times after getting that flaky email. Thanks for the ideas. I will contact the better business bureau. I'm super pissed at Ridies and Interior Innovations customer service. Since I posted what happened to me 4 people who read my post said they were happy to have a chance to read what happened to me and they were going to order covers for their Supra. After reading my post they will go elsewhere. I don't know how any good-minded business person could operate in this fashion. I hope others can heed this warning and find a more repeatable vender.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Very sorry to hear about your trouble with them. Hope they will do the right thing and fix it.

Im glad that you made this post, I will take my business elsewhere. Was looking at a set myself. Probably end up with a local shop.

Casper

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's disgusting to me. Like I said I love me car and I have been waiting so long to finally do this and freshen up the interior. It's like a giant slap in the face.

·
iSPOOL
1,315 Posts
Have you spoken to them on the phone yet? I would attempt to come to an agreement with them to send everything back and get a full refund.

When time comes for my new seat covers I will definitely go elsewhere if this is their customer service.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have sent them multiple emails and left multiple voicemails. I sent two different emails with multiple pictures and that was their response. They make it seem like I'm making this up. They offer two tan colors SANDSTONE and LIGHT BEIGE. They obviously sent me light beige. I just don't know why they won't own up to it.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Get an Amex card and do all purchases for parts on it. Amex does not mess around when vendors of any business screw their customer. One phone call and an explanation of what happened with proof, they will do a chargeback. From there, they handle it and you do not.

Companies tend to respond quickly when Amex takes their money away.

·
Registered
781 Posts
using a credit card is honestly good advice. even when buying in person from a shop. its so much easier to call the cc company [as a consumer] and explain how you feel the purchase was not "as advertised" and begin the reversal process.they (cc company) will have your back and your documentation (pics) should help. when you pay cash, say over the counter at a store for an item like this, and the store refuses your return.....small claims is the (painful time consuming) avenue you have left. don't ask how I know.

back on point, OP I see the color difference and if I had spent the money I would want it to match as well. as a picky consumer I would even be willing to cover shipping one way to get that mis match in their hands and not my car

rides: the seat covers on other cars look fantastic. I have shown my wife theseon other cars because some day I hope to trick her into busting out the checkbook for a custom set for our supra. this prob sounds (imho) like a simple communication issue. something lost / translated wrong somewhere / not the right person at rides seeing these pics/ etc.

·
Racing is Life.
1,103 Posts
So what's the better option? I was ready to buy covers and have seen these situations and frankly I want nothing to do with it. It should be a turnkey and painless process. Not the high risk of these nightmare situations. I want seat covers that fit and feel better than when they were new.

·
Registered
6,291 Posts
OP, fwiw I’m not a picky customer (ez to a fault sometimes), but I agree with you - the color difference is noticeable enough to be an issue. The fact they told you they only have one color “tan” when two are listed is ridiculous. I agree with other members regarding contacting your cc company to deny payment, return the entire set, and purchase elsewhere.

Recently purchased covers to restore my interior. Used whoever Larry @ SP recommends - I think leatherseats.com.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Take my advice never use these guys. I'm probably going to contact leatherseats.com and ask them for a sample so I can redo my rear seat again.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Take my advice never use these guys. I'm probably going to contact leatherseats.com and ask them for a sample so I can redo my rear seat again.
Before you buy anymore parts, apply for an American Express card. They always stand by you as long as you have proof of what happened. With what you have posted, they would of already pulled the charge and it is really funny how companies react to solve issues when funds go missing.

You are 100% in the clear and reasonable with your request. Get an Amex to do all your car part buying, arguable, all your purchasing.

·
Super Moderator
10,407 Posts
So what's the better option? I was ready to buy covers and have seen these situations and frankly I want nothing to do with it. It should be a turnkey and painless process. Not the high risk of these nightmare situations. I want seat covers that fit and feel better than when they were new.
OP, fwiw I’m not a picky customer (ez to a fault sometimes), but I agree with you - the color difference is noticeable enough to be an issue. The fact they told you they only have one color “tan” when two are listed is ridiculous. I agree with other members regarding contacting your cc company to deny payment, return the entire set, and purchase elsewhere.

Recently purchased covers to restore my interior. Used whoever Larry @ SP recommends - I think leatherseats.com.
Unlike my friend Craig Bush, I am a picky customer :).

Better option for @TheProPilot: Leatherseats.com. I used them on my hard top after using them for the first time many years ago when I changed the rear seats in Blackie from tan to black. You don't have to do this, but I purchased the all-leather set-up for my hard top and could not be more pleased (OEM seats have just leather seating surfaces, I believe). The leather is high quality and the fitment in my case was perfect.

Ken.

·
Racing is Life.
1,103 Posts
Thanks as always Ken!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts