Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Racing is Living
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've been through alot with this car and now another problem!!! A couple weeks ago I took out my tranny, flywheel, clutch and driveshaft so I could fix an oil leak coming from my oil pan gasket. After putting it all back together, it ran fine for a while and 2 days ago it started to shake VIOLENTLY above 65 mph. I put new tranny fluid in and everything. I feel it shaking under the seat, and when I slow down I can hear it clicking in the back passenger side. The only thing that I can think of is a warped rotor or a driveshaft gone bad. When I shift hard it is smooth, but when I'm just engaging the clutch it makes the car jerk really bad, but only when it warms up. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
Ryan

·
slower than a turtle
1,096 Posts
check the pressure plate and clutch assembly did you put them in the right direction. a warped rotor shouldnt shake that violently it should make a rhythmic hiss

·
Registered
243 Posts
check and retorque the d/s bolts, or you could have had a ujoint bomb on you.

·
Racing is Living
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the fidanza flywheel and RPS MAX STGE 3 with the 6puck disc, so there's only one way to put it in. I put it in the same way that I took it out.

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
My center driveshaft bearing bolts came loose once and acted similar to your problem. Mine would be fine under acceleration because it would pin the ds up against the bolts, but it would vibrate violently while decelerating. All I can say is to go over everything. Try putting it in neutral and spinning the drivetrain while it's on jackstands to see if anything is moving abnormally.

·
Racing is Living
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Zack,
You're back from what I hear?? Christian said that he was going to work on your car I believe?? I will try and get the car up on stands tomorrow and see what I can find. I hope that it is just the driveshaft being out of balance or something.
Ryan

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
or balance the tires... sounds stupid, but you never know.

·
Dissident
1,087 Posts
T34418L3one said:
check and retorque the d/s bolts, or you could have had a ujoint bomb on you.
Yep. The clicking you here is probably the pinion flange slapping the differential. Put the rear on jackstands and turn over the wheels for confirmation.

·
Racing is Living
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
check and retorque the d/s bolts
You mean the bolts may have just came loose and is making all that racket?? I',m going to do this first thing in the morning, I'll check the carrier bearing and the bolts. How much play should there be in the driveshaft?? If any??

·
Racing is Living
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok guys, after jacking the car up I found that 1 of my 4 driveshaft bolts were missing and all the other bolts were about to come off. I went and bought some new bolts and used thread lock with locking washers aswell. Thanks for all your help guys, this could've been very disasterous.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts