Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey does anyone know what the horse power gains are from a full intake. Another thing i need to get is a down pipe and exhaust however we might be getting immisions here soon so i need one with a cat. Does anyone know how much horse power an exhaust is w/ down pipe and cat?? I know a down pipe and exhaus is around 40 hp. Also how easy is it to install a boost controller and BCC?? Thanks

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
John,
Just use a drop-in k+n filter unless you are going
to use a "cold box". An MBC is easy to put on in
about 30 minutes(don't know about EBC). The BCC
is easy to install but get a fields harness so you don't
have to cut ECU wires. The dp is fairly easy to take
off for testing if you get one with no cat. I don't know
about hp but with k+n, dp,exh,bcc and pulled vsv hose
I've run 11.77 with 120.56mph traps. These cars really
respond well to basic mods.
BTW,did you just get the car? Any mods yet? Most
of the tech articles you need can be found at www.mkiv.com
Wayne

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey WayneCar, yeah i got my Supra back in August from a guy in New Jersey. He put a TRD air filter on, HKS turbo timer and a blow off valve that i took off. It was a Greddy and i got tired of the honking noise it gave off adn it made my car idle rough. I really want to start working on my Supra but my dads against it. O well hell get over it!! heheh

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you dad buy you the car. I really hate when i here stuff like this. Sighh, i want one so bad, but i want to work for one. So ill appreciate it more. Sounds like you got the car not knowing much about it.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry that was rude, i need to get over how some people are more fortunate then others.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow!!!.

Thats 11sec time is incrediable... Ive had the supra for about 2 weeks now.. (btw I did my reaseach for over a year to find one) but I didnt know they respond that well to basic mods like that!!!

Blitz NUR spec.. here i come!!!

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You did your research for over a year and didnt know how well the responded to basic mods. BPU, where were you looking!!?!

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it's all driver and obviously wayne is one hell of a driver. ;) wayne, did you go to MIR? how'd you do?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry if you some of you guys dont like the fact that my dad bought my car for me but dont let that make you think that i dont appreciate it. I love my car and i always take great car of it and i dont screw around with it!! My dad raised me to respect cars and i do. I also knew a lot about these cars because it was my dream car and now i have my dream car and damn lucky to!!!! I will always appreciate all that my parents do for me and i never take that for granted.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
"it's all driver and obviously wayne is one hell of a driver. wayne, did you go to MIR? how'd you do?"

***Yeah, I just got back. I sucked. Barely made the
Quick 8 with a [email protected] I was eliminated by
Billy(RX7 T-78) with a horrible 2nd gear miss. Ugly.
It was so crowded you only got 2 runs before Quick 8.
Jimmy P looked like the one to beat. I left before the
finals due to the 350 bracket cars that had to race
before the next round. I can't believe how crowded
it was. It was good to see everyone though.
Thanks,
Wayne

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well yes, I did my research.. but I didnt know with basic BPU that I could run 11's... I knew they did alot about 100hp easy, but didnt know 11s... I thought about high 12s..

thats nice!

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guarentee your not going to do 11's. Yes it is possible. Maybe with alot practice and slicks you could get there. But your not going to just come off the highway with your 275s and run an 11.8 at 122mph. I would expect what you were. mid=high 12s
12.7s or so. If your decent.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
"
I guarentee your not going to do 11's. Yes it is possible. Maybe with alot practice and slicks you could get there. "

logb17
I went 11.890 with Nittos(I run them 24/7) on
my 11th pass in my supra. This is not unusual at all.
There must be 80% of the BPU and BPU+ cars I
run with kick my a$$ often as not.
Wayne

·
Registered
82 Posts
The K&N drop in filter gave me 5RWHP peak and 10rwhp above 5700rpm and 11psi. (315rwhp, 315rwtq) 94UL gas

I don't have numbers on the exhaust since I did the boost cut controller at the same time and raised boost to 18psi when I dynoed with the exhaust. (379rwhp, 419rwtq) 104ULgas

The down pipe gained me 45rwhp peak and 60rwhp above 5500rpm at 18psi. (422rwhp, 434rwtq) 104UL gas

cam gears are next and I'm hoping for another 10rwhp peak and if I'm really lucky 20rwhp somewhere in the power band.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts