Supra Forums banner

61 - 80 of 118 Posts

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
ont have to take valve covers off to get to it. If you get a pair of long needle nose 45 degree pliers it will be easy. Once you take it off use a worm clamp in its place with the bolt facing towards the front of the car... easier to get to next time with a long screw driver.

·
Registered
7,730 Posts
Thanks for the info guys and especially for those part numbers Rory, my autozone had them in stock and i installed everything today. what a pain in the ass tho, and for anyone attempting to do this, either drain your coolant or watch that lower pipe, itll get ya, it got me !!! thankfully i had the other hose right there and was able to slip it on with little loss of coolant. thanks again.

·
Registered
7,730 Posts
bump, because i know of a few guys looking for this exact thread. but use the part numbers that rory had for autozone, they work perfectly and they are almost always in stock. those numbers are...........

S-4474
S-3024

·
Registered
7,730 Posts
well hey Rory, guess what......my buddy went to autozone today and asked for these part numbers and they said that they are discontinued and they no longer carry them !!! so much for that one !!!! I told my buddy to look in the back though, they usually have a huge wall with all kinds of shapes and sizes of hoses on it, i figure he could find something similar. if you or anyone else finds something that works, please post it up, because i must get asked about this every car show and at least once every week.

·
Supra Owner
529 Posts
well i can tell ya, the part numbers was for a subaru legacy. Not sure what year. lol. But im sure u can use the part numbers for online also. Should be able to match with another brand.

·
Registered
7,730 Posts
ok, here is the deal, i was asked by another member to give him the numbers of the hoses and i refered him to the numbers that rory had given me and the retards at autozone said that they were discontinued numbers and they no longer had them, anyhow, long story short, he went back to the other numbers, ones that were listed earlier in the thread and for some reason, they showed up. even though the goddamn stickers still have the exact same numbers on them that we started with. so just to quell any confusion, im going to post the most up to date pictures and corresponding numbers, including the UPC codes that way they cant possibly screw it up. here we go..............................

these are both together

this hose is for the heater core to bypass part and is part number S-4474 and also has the numbers C87725 and 63201 on it and the UPC code is as follows................037256209277

this hose is for the back or the head and is part number S-3024 and also has the numbers 63024 on it and the UPC code is as follows...............037256003646

BTW- these are numbers from AUTOZONE and they may differ from place to place.

·
WIPLSH / HWY KNG
404 Posts
I just ordered both S-4474 and S-3024. It said in stock and should ship with in 2 business days.

Just fyi

·
Stock Twin 6 spd King
1,731 Posts
I'm trying to find these locally since AutoZone doesn't list them in stock, and thought I would share a bit of info.

Part number S-4474 at AutoZone converts to Dayco C87725 which is in stock in my area at Advance Auto Parts.

Part number S-3024 at AutoZone converts to Dayco A71147 which is NOT in stock in my area at Advance Auto Parts.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I hate to bring up old threads, but I was wondering if anyone used this "heater hose" mod on the stock twins?

I have these two hoses and don't want to go and buy oem hoses if I don't need to. Thanks.

Jeff

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thanks for the reply Stu. I have the engine out and I was mocking it up a bit and it looks like the hose that is closest to the turbos is a bit long if I use the hard pipe. If I don't use the hard pipe,I can make it work but I worry about how accessible the hose will be in the future and also the heat of the turbos degrading the hose. Did you use the hard pipe or did you leave it ou it and use the full length of the hose?

·
Stock Twins King
4,373 Posts
Thanks for the reply Stu. I have the engine out and I was mocking it up a bit and it looks like the hose that is closest to the turbos is a bit long if I use the hard pipe. If I don't use the hard pipe,I can make it work but I worry about how accessible the hose will be in the future and also the heat of the turbos degrading the hose. Did you use the hard pipe or did you leave it ou it and use the full length of the hose?

This was a picture I had from years ago. It is not my car, but this is the way it looks when you buy the hoses mentioned above. Never had an issue on heat. Just go buy those silver flexible heat wrap tubes and slide it over the one going below.

Stu

Attachments

·
Registered
7,730 Posts
Use one of these.....

tech flex makes several different versions of heat tubing and covering. check their site, but they dont sell it directly, however, you can find several companies on their site to buy from.

61 - 80 of 118 Posts
About this Discussion
117 Replies
50 Participants
FasTTurbo
Supra Forums
Supra Forums is the largest online Toyota Supra MKI, MKII, MKIII, MKIV and MKV owner's club community. Discuss DIY, modifications, and upgrades.
Full Forum Listing