Supra Forums banner

81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Time for change
6,868 Posts
My hoses did not fit using these stock numbers actually. I had to swap the hoses at the heater core to get them to fit. Meaning they were routed opposite of stock. Should be no issues though.

·
Registered
995 Posts
My hoses did not fit using these stock numbers actually. I had to swap the hoses at the heater core to get them to fit. Meaning they were routed opposite of stock. Should be no issues though.
Did this as well - hose(s) same part # as pics, but one is shorter by a few inches.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Highly recommend replacing the hose that is closest to your DP with 5/8 silicone heater hose. I sleeved mine in lightweight fire sleeve.

You can wrap whatever hose you use in Rescue Tape(self fusing silicone wrap)
http://fragolaperformancesystems.com/ultra-lightweight-fire-sleeve/

In combination with replacing the stainless coolant pipe with an N/A coolant pipe which is straight and does not curve towards the DP you have a complete solution. Thanks to 93twnturbo for the N/A pipe idea.

Carl

·
NGAPINO
257 Posts
Hate to bring up an old thread but this hose was about an inch short for me:

Did everyone attach it to the back of the head without an adapter? Or did I just get a bum hose?

I got my hose that connects to the back of the block from Advance Auto Parts. It was about an inch short as well, perhaps I shouldn't say it is short. It just fits snug and I wouldn't say it slides right on without some pulling stretching. Here is a comparison.

Notice how stretched out the hose is. I'm going to go back and see if they can't find something similar.

Edit-I ended up just swapping the hoses at the heater core.

Attachments

81 - 100 of 118 Posts
About this Discussion
117 Replies
50 Participants
FasTTurbo
Supra Forums
Supra Forums is the largest online Toyota Supra MKI, MKII, MKIII, MKIV and MKV owner's club community. Discuss DIY, modifications, and upgrades.
Full Forum Listing