Supra Forums banner

81 - 100 of 119 Posts

·
Time for change
6,868 Posts
My hoses did not fit using these stock numbers actually. I had to swap the hoses at the heater core to get them to fit. Meaning they were routed opposite of stock. Should be no issues though.

·
Registered
998 Posts
My hoses did not fit using these stock numbers actually. I had to swap the hoses at the heater core to get them to fit. Meaning they were routed opposite of stock. Should be no issues though.
Did this as well - hose(s) same part # as pics, but one is shorter by a few inches.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Highly recommend replacing the hose that is closest to your DP with 5/8 silicone heater hose. I sleeved mine in lightweight fire sleeve.

You can wrap whatever hose you use in Rescue Tape(self fusing silicone wrap)
http://fragolaperformancesystems.com/ultra-lightweight-fire-sleeve/

In combination with replacing the stainless coolant pipe with an N/A coolant pipe which is straight and does not curve towards the DP you have a complete solution. Thanks to 93twnturbo for the N/A pipe idea.

Carl

·
NGAPINO
257 Posts
Hate to bring up an old thread but this hose was about an inch short for me:

Did everyone attach it to the back of the head without an adapter? Or did I just get a bum hose?

I got my hose that connects to the back of the block from Advance Auto Parts. It was about an inch short as well, perhaps I shouldn't say it is short. It just fits snug and I wouldn't say it slides right on without some pulling stretching. Here is a comparison.

Notice how stretched out the hose is. I'm going to go back and see if they can't find something similar.

Edit-I ended up just swapping the hoses at the heater core.

Attachments

81 - 100 of 119 Posts