Supra Forums banner

101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
another bump and a helpful part number, autozone doesnt use the s-xxxx it will cross reference if you call them but you cant find it online with those numbers, c87725 and a71147 is the cross reference numbers.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,110 Posts
1 year bump. I just used this thread to get the two hoses from AutoZone. Since some of the pictures are gone (from old age), I'm posting my brand new pictures with part # references:

Top hose, goes from heater core outlet on firewall to the top of the head, between the valve covers.
AutoZone (Dayco) part # A71147, alternate part # S-3024

Downward hose, goes from heater core outlet on firewall down to the metal pipe under the exhaust manifold.
AutoZone (Dayco) part # C87725, alternate part # S-4474

·
Reverend Hillclimb
2,660 Posts
Wanna bump this for two questions since I am going single now.

Does the downpipe heat affect the hose? I am thinking about some thermal sleeve.

And my other question is; does it matter what hose goes to which port? I assume it does not since its kind of like a radiator design in the heater core, so like an oil cooler or whatever cooler it doesnt matter which port is in or out. I like the look of the hoses not overlapping.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,110 Posts
I have an extra "downward" hose for sale (the one that goes from heater core outlet on firewall down to the metal pipe under the exhaust manifold. AutoZone (Dayco) part # C87725, alternate part # S-4474) that I bought and never used. Will sell at cost. (In case someone doesn't have an AutoZone that stocks it nearby.)

·
Garage Queen Club
2,806 Posts
Keep in mind if you swap the hoses, the coolant flowing OUT of the head will now flow into the entire radiator before it hits the water valve on the heater core. Basically, if you run the AC full blast, it will shut the water valve = stops flow of coolant into the heater core. You will want to keep the hoses in the original location so that the water valve stops coolant BEFORE it runs into the heater core so your AC will flow the coolest. If you don't run AC, doesn't matter...

·
Registered
995 Posts
Odd that length was good for some and short for others, I used the same part #'s but had to flip mine. They are getting old will buy again soon...

·
Stock Body Supras FTW
1,222 Posts
For those doing the autozone heater hoses part # C87725 and # A71147 beware as i just bought a few of these hoses from a couple different stores and each single hose is a complete different length. This is why it's a hit a miss for some. Every single one was too short by a inch or two.

Anyone ever just use the heater hose that comes on the rolls?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Unless you use long sections and run to avoid kinks, due to the angles, straight heater hose will kink and impede circulation through the heater core. The part numbers listed should be long enough. If I recall correctly they might even need to be trimmed a bit.

·
Registered
689 Posts
For those doing the autozone heater hoses part # C87725 and # A71147 beware as i just bought a few of these hoses from a couple different stores and each single hose is a complete different length. This is why it's a hit a miss for some. Every single one was too short by a inch or two.

Anyone ever just use the heater hose that comes on the rolls?
SupraRy95 try these part numbers which fit perfectly on my car (after the referenced trimming): The long one that goes down by the firewall is a Goodyear 63039 (also has 3038 on label) and the short one on top is a Goodyear 63003 (also 3025 on label). You have to trim about two inches off one end of the 63039 (the angular end) and about 2.5 inches off the 63003. The radiused end of the 63039 goes on the bottom and angular end goes to the heater on top. The 63003 has a small and 90 degree angle. The small angle goes to the heater the large goes to the head. Once you get the hoses, it will all become clear. Do not trim anything off the radiused end of the 63039 or it will be too short. AMHIK.

I got both hoses at Partsource in Calgary but they should be common enough at any auto parts store. If the store does not carry Goodyear then you can cross over to Gates. The 63039 is a Gates 21774. The 63003 is a Gates 21257.

derek

·
Racing is Life.
1,058 Posts
Why isnt this page sticky?

101 - 118 of 118 Posts
About this Discussion
117 Replies
50 Participants
FasTTurbo
Supra Forums
Supra Forums is the largest online Toyota Supra MKI, MKII, MKIII, MKIV and MKV owner's club community. Discuss DIY, modifications, and upgrades.
Full Forum Listing