Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed the oil on the weekend (89 turbo) and noticed coolent dripping from back of the motor. Blown upper heater hose. :scratch: Does anyone have a tip on how to remove the lower clamp. It sits between the back of the head and the firewall. I can see it but I can't touch it. PITB! Anything short of pulling the intake or the motor? How did you do it?

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
cut that bitch off and put a new one on.
or get a screw driver and put it on the clamp and hit it so it turns so you can try and get to it so you can get a rachet in there.

at toyota that 90° hose cost about $23 :faint:

·
Registered
367 Posts
good d*mn question...I was looking at mine just last night wondering when it was going
to go...and how the f* to get to it when it did...it seems impossible to do without removing the brake master cylinder to provide an arm hole...where is my 2 year old kid when I need him?

·
It's only the beginning..
690 Posts
Seriously, just cut it off. Thats how I did it. You can go to almost any auto parts store and they can duplicate the hose. Mine hasn't blown since :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cut it off seems like the idea. It is a question of reaching it. Best bet seems from the intake side. I'm going to lose some skin on this one!

·
It's only the beginning..
690 Posts
Latex Gloves... :D And a REALLY long pair of needle nose pliers to put it back on

·
Digital Dreamer
898 Posts
My rusty old factory clamp actually cut the hose for me when mine burst. I used pliers to get the remenants off the union fitting, and simply got a reel of the same diameter hose from CanadianTire and got a better clamp that I could use a ratchet on and fixed it up for about $5. Man, it was a pain in the ass tho, being so tight back there and all...
eric

1 - 7 of 7 Posts