Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the Hot Rod Power Tour the last couple of days and kept seeing this white MKIII. Yesterday at the Circuit of the Americas in Austin I finally got to see it parked and went check it out. Once I looked at the engine compartment I said to myself "Wow, this is Zach90Turbo's car". Definitely looking good Zach, those wheels are amazing. My buddy was looking at it and I told him, "There are so many badass cars on the Power Tour, over 6,000 total, this thing will probably kick 90% of their asses" He laughed and said, "How do you want that ass whoopin', drag race, top end, doesn't matter".

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
I wish we would've crossed paths! I was on the tour with the SEMA Young Executives Network. Ten of us did the whole tour and stopped at 5 trade schools along the way to talk to students about job opportunities in the automotive aftermarket. The Power Tour was definitely a bucket list item and I plan to do it again in a 20+ foot long Cadillac of some kind.
And thanks for the kind words! I just got the wheels done a couple of days before the tour, I didn't want to make that drive on a drag radial. The car isn't nearly as fun on pump gas as it is on E85, but I got the chance to give the Edelbrock Challenger a run for its money when we ran across them in traffic. I was happy to educate them :)
One of my favorite cars was a guy pulling a camper behind his Challenger. He and his wife were staying in the camper for the whole week. He told me that he had 7 RX7s back home, as well.

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
It was 9 or 10 days total and around 3,000 miles including travel to the start and end points. And that was a well-behaved Mustang. He was with our group and didn't hit a single pedestrian all week!

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Here are some shots from the Power Tour:

Me with Jeff Dahlin, the GM of Hot Rod Magazine

With the Roadkill Muscle Truck

The SEMA Young Executives Network Group

A little gear rowing with the new TR6060 transmission

1 - 8 of 8 Posts