Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 465 Posts

·
"Granite"
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
"HotSoup" (liscence plate)

It all started with my 07 Turbo Si Coupe,

my first ever new vehicle I purchased while I was In the service. I spent roughly about 13,000$ on parts (engine, interior, exterior, ect.). And after owning it for about 1 1/2 years a small exhaust leak on the turbo manifold blew out and caught the firewall on fire, while I was driving home from the gym at 730am. After about a 10-15 min fire fight with me and a fire extinguisher(thrown to me by a random spectator) the fire was put out, but not before causeing enough damage total the car beyond repair, even most of the parts I had put on it were un salvageable. So have getting re-emburssed from my insurance which paid me 24,000$ for the civic, which goes to show don't loose your receipts. After a few weeks of looking around for a new project, I found a 97 supra TT for 20,000$, well under what they usually go for In great condition which this one def was. So I drove up to Dallas on a crazy cold day In the spring(snow on the ground In Dallas). Not 30 min after purchasing I was pulled over(no liscence plate) and was accused of stealing it and removing the plates. After clearing that up with the bill of sale, I drove it home and the build began

The car already had a long list of mods which I will edit the post after I go over the list In detail.

But the main parts/mods are

HKS Carbon Ti Exhaust(3 3/4")
True Twin Conver. (from sequential to Inline)
HKS EVC (Boost Controller)
Fuel Cut Eliminator
TRD 2.5 Bar Boost Gauge
RMM Front Lip
Greddy 3-Row FrontMount intercooler
98 Tail Lights
98 Head Lights
HID 8K
Rear Fenders rolled & cut
(will add the rest)

Parts Purchased by me

K-Sport Pro Dampner Fully Adjustable Coilovers

CCW Classics 18x9.5F & 18x11.5R Black

Nitto Invo 265/45-18F Nitto NT05R 305/45-18R(drag set-up)

Falken Azenes 315/30-18 (street)

Top Secret CF Vented Hood

Drag stance

Street stance

Will continue to update, keep I'n mind I've only had the Supra for 10 months

·
"Granite"
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update!!!!
Painted the hood and cam gear/spark plug cover, which both turned out great and my buddy, who is also my pai ter let me take pics I'n the paint booth cause the lighting was great, enjoy the update

·
"Granite"
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's some pics from Saturday, enjoy

The Evo is my bodies, we got some rolling pics and a vid, I'll post them when he sends them to me

·
Registered
417 Posts
I LOVE the painted hood with the exposed CF on the fins! Very nice!

I second that. The car looks amazing. The black wheels & the exposed carbon fiber looks awesome,great combo. I gotta see black classics in person,Im sure the pictures dont do them justice.

·
"Granite"
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I second that. The car looks amazing. The black wheels & the exposed carbon fiber looks awesome,great combo. I gotta see black classics in person,Im sure the pictures dont do them justice.
They look much better I'n person, i got some great pics of them but the way the forum is right now it'd probably cut them off I'll try anyway

^^^^ this one looks very good as long as it didn't cut off the back

·
Registered
417 Posts
Loving that third pic down, I see what you mean. Ive seen some red supras on black wheels,and theres just something about the black wheel with the silver bolts that makes it look amazing to me. Im just stuck my self cause I think itll be easier to go black from a polished wheel then mirror finish from a black wheel -=-O

·
"Granite"
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Loving that third pic down, I see what you mean. Ive seen some red supras on black wheels,and theres just something about the black wheel with the silver bolts that makes it look amazing to me. Im just stuck my self cause I think itll be easier to go black from a polished wheel then mirror finish from a black wheel -=-O
Those are a black rim, and they are a matte finish from CCW themselves, not mirror like at all

Thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
You have one of the best looking red supras IMO. Keep up the good work!
:)

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Nice ride. Looking forward to the updates in the future

·
"Granite"
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys, it's getting an entire upgraded drive train next

1 - 20 of 465 Posts