Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I just moved back to Houston from Canada and need to get my 1994 TT (single) registered. I bought the car new here, so original title is Houston, TX. I am single, DP with Random Tech cat but with EGR removed. Any tips on passing emissions (where, who, how...)? Will having the EGR removed cause me to fail visual? The car runs excellent and I think will pass the exhause sniffer without to much trouble but I am concerned about the visual and EGR. Appreciate any feedback on what others who have a TT/singled do to pass in Houston. Oh and I'm too damn old to claim to be a student and get an inspection in a non-smog county;(

·
The Great Kruso
3,875 Posts
The odds are your car will not pass the "sniffer" test, the visual is not that big of a problem as everyone I've ever been to didn't bother checking the mechanical things visually. Search here in the south section and another member posted a thread a few months ago about making a drive down to a county that doesn't do emissions testing.

Kruso

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
PM sent.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump.
Guys I would like to try to pass legally (or close). Getting an inspection in another county or other ...... Dubious options would be a last resort. Does anyone have any suggestions on who, where, how to get an inspection where little things like no EGR on visual wuld not be an issue. I have the EGR and can reinstall if necessary but would rather not. Any other issues or suggestions on getting an inspection done in Houston are welcome.

·
The Great Kruso
3,875 Posts
Absolutely, take your car and get it re-tuned to solely pass emissions test.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi,

I have a 97 Supra (ODBII) with an AEM. Anyone know where an how I can get my car inspected? Please PM Suggestions/Ideas.

Thanks,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.