Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to install my godzilla bov and noticed it had more than 1 vac. port on it? no instructions on the vac. ports in the box. a friend told me 1 is for turbo cars and the other is for blower cars.? which do i use? i cant find the info on turbonectics site. do i use 1 port and cap off the other or leave it open? which way is correct? seems like a wg hookup kinda. maybe use the top port from the turbo to the top port of bov and leave the side port open on bov/or cap it off.? im lost please help.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
both ports are same size. kinda like a hks wg, 1 on near top of bov and 1 in middle of side of bov.i tried many searches and found no info. any help would be great.

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
i havent seen many cars with that bov on it. why would it have 2 vac. ports on it? i would think to use the top 1 only and either leave the side 1 open or cap it off. maybe somebody else will chime in to help you better.

·
Garage Queen Club
2,825 Posts
You can use both ports as in a wastegate. The top port can be connected to boost pressure pre-throttle body. This helps keep the BOV closed at full boost. The other nipple usually goes to after-throttle body.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i called turbonectics directly and they gave me 3 wacky ways off hooking it up.. i think they keep thinking its a wastegate and not a bov... after looking closely at it, i would defintely use the top port like any other bov to keep it closed under boost.

BUT ,the real next question is to cap off the side port or leave it open?????????????
i think the side port MAY be common with the flange side,maybe?? can you boys help me find the proper hookup to this godzilla before i go crazy? i know a few of you have this bov..

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
heres what you need to do. : use the top port like any other bov install. side port is for what turbonectics says "used for boost assist" and is not normaly used. so either leave it open and o not cap it off.
i would think they are used when compound induction is being applied / or a s/c??

·
Registered
307 Posts
I would recommend connecting it to the top and then run some mild tests, to see how the BOV responds. Try capping and try leaving open the other port.
Honestly I don't know bout this BOV, I have used APEX, Greddy type and HKS SSQ.
Bottomline connect on top and run a couple of tests. think a samll mild test should not damage your turbos.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i hooked it up like this . .top hose to vac/pressure source[ie un used manifold nipple fo stock twins] and capped off the side port. went for ride and only heard a flutter/surge sound. then un capped off the side port and the drove and at the slightest lift of and type of throttle i hear the whistle. so i guess it works. but i added just a lil boost next to see [8 psi] and lifted off to hear a long surge followed buy the whistle sound. i wonder if its even opening or it the whistlesound/reliefe coming out the small nipple instead of the horn? how can turbonectics not even know themselfs o nthe proper install/use or there godzilla bov??the sound is like a high pitch brake squeal with a lil whoosh. very strange unit.if its even hooked up right?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts